comp parts?

l33tben

hey i was wondering( im not much of a comp expert) if you guys could link me up with some parts I can use to make a computer on a tight budget..i might get a job soon so i need a good comp and ive been needing one for a very long time..i need parts than can widthstand hl2 like graphics..if you guys can help me out thanks!

nowadays comapnies mass produce computers so cheap, that you can't beat it unless you are making a power computer. However, there could be a possibility that you can make something nice. :p

Indeed..even though Emachines sells theirs for cheap they run pretty good..but heres normally the problem with prebuilt comps...low mb video card :p

Heh, anyone who knows computers can build their own with the same performance as a high end Vaio comp, for like 1/2 the price so thats rather appealing

If you're a gamer, you should not buy a pre-built machine, especially anything from eMachines, Compaq, or HP. I believe all pre-built PC manufacturers have a clause where you void the warranty if you open the case yourself. If you ever want to do upgrades yourself, custom-built is the only way to go.

Besides, if one part goes bad in a custom-built, you can ship it back to the manufacturer. If something goes wrong with a pre-built, say bye-bye to your PC and hello to extravagant repair or shipping charges.

NOTE: I'm being really restrained in this post. Those who've discussed pre-built machines with me in the past know how adamantly I argue for building your machine yourself. There are, of course, situations where pre-built machines are not a bad choice. Those situations are very few and far between, at least for home users.

Back