Computer=gone

I

izip

I'm posting to say, that I probably will not be on the computer to play games anymore until I graduate. Today, we got a phone call from a teacher, basically saying that I had plagarized on a paper I wrote. My dad was furious, so he said "Give me all of your games, cancel the broadband and by tomorrow I want your computer disconnected and downstairs, you have lost my trust." Looks like I'm out guys. As the scripture says, you reap what you sow. It was nice meeting you all. *cries and tips hat*

-zip

did you go it is my question
rock.gif

because if you did i think your dad is right int aking away your games( when do you graduate) and all for a period of time.

but if you didnt tell him and show them all your work and everything and if the teacher can not except that you made something orginal then that is his/hers problem

This is really too bad man... I really cant say how I'm feeln but you must be feeling worse so I'll stay out of it, for some reason I'm gettn misty typing this.. we all wish you luck down the road and hope to see you again someday...

*sighs*

I did it, and sent the teacher an apology note, and said that any action she took is appropriate. She said that she may have to call my parents etc. but I took the trouble and did it myself. Painful, but getting it over sooner is better than later.
sad.gif

Well, best wishes and hopes to you. Prayers are going out. Who knows........Maybe your father will find it in him to forgive you and gain trust once again. Until then, live well, Zip.

Vaya con el Dios,
Van

Sorry to see you go man, try to keep in touch. My email is luckycharmz316@hotmail.com maybe if you can email me from school we can set something up and hang out sometime after the heat has died down. Good luck dude and God Bless
sad.gif

Well Izip i am sorry for you, but it must be done man that is a big no no exspecially in High school on research papers. but i would be a hypocrite ot say i have never done it. and i have been cought also. and man does it SUCK but i am sorry for you maybe you could take this time off( mine is voluntarly) like me and just grow closer with God. remember Izip that God works in all cases for his greater glory, even if we dont see it now he is going to make good come of this man. So take heart and be happy dont let the little things, that is what all this is truthfully, get and keep you down man just turn on the radio and praise God. read his word i dont know about you but when i do this everything seems alot better and things just start happening for the better, well God bless

dude zip...

sorry to hear about it, but you're attitude is golden man. Don't lose that.

Maybe next time I'm in VA we can head out and hit LANferno again... good times
smile.gif

keep it touch man.

When you plaguerize a paper it means you either take the whole paper or parts of it directly from another source, which is also a felony if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully everything will be all good for ya zip. God Bless and remember not to do this in college since it will get you expelled and in legal trouble. :)

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

Bah, sometimes we have to learn the hard way. Trust me, that is the story of my life. I admit to having plagiarized before but have never been "caught"...I will be confronted though, standing in judgement before God.

/me starts sweating about the other things /me hasn't been "caught" for either.

I guess I say this with 2 parts - Izip, you aren't the only one who has done that, so we appreciate your honesty. If there is anything we can learn from his situation, it's that our sin will find us out. Maybe not here on earth but before God.

Okay, Sunday School is over.

tounge.gif

izip, man I know how hard it is to fess up to something that you have done wrong, but look at it from a different point of view, like elite.  There are things that you haven't been caught for that are going to hurt a lot worse come Judgement Day then what you are feeling now.  I know I lost a job in h.s. due to a stupid mistake I made and to my dying day I will always be ashamed of it, but I grew and became a better person because of it too.  So, there is always good things in the darkness too, you just have to find them.

On a side note I found this quote and thought it was sort of cute, might cheer you up a little...

"To steal ideas from one person, would be plagiarism, to steal ideas from many is called research."  

Think about it, sort of funny...

Man that is nasty Izip. I wouldnt wish that on anyone. I just hope you can get all your stuff back soon.

losing the trust of your parents is so harsh. they still love you, zip. hey, if you give me your cell number, and its a NExtel, I can send you emails.
biggrin.gif

Sorry to see you go Izip...

I'm not much of a speecher, but emm...
yeah... I'll miss you! (is that safe to say?)
naah I'm sure everyone will miss ya... good luck
with your studies though, and hope to see you
graduate soon enough!

and remember!

an orange is round, and a banana is not!

rgr that toe

zip, sorry to hear about all this, but keep things in perspective and do your best to right the wrong, and just keep plugging

lub ya man

Man owning up to what you did is hard, nice too see you still have character
smile.gif

you probably wont read this anyway since you dont have a comp
wow.gif

No, I have about 1.45 seconds to check my e-mails etc. So long as I dont communicate with people or play. So I have the ability to stop by and read the forums for a little bit. But thats about the extent of my freedom. lol
sad.gif
*hates being on a 56k modem* meh

Izip,
Just dropping you a quick line to express my admiration and encouragement for you taking ownership of what you have done wrong. It takes a man to do it. God bless.
SuN

Back