Computerr

Nice rig for under $1000. Case is pretty big but I like em big. Wish the memory was a higher speed but all in all a very nice computer for under $1000.

I like the sale one. Faster memory and you get a free upgrade on the video card to one with 2 gig of memory. You lose the fan control but there are enough free programs out there that will do that from the desktop better (IMHO).

Several freebies through out on the sale one also that you don't get with the shiney.

If you want the graphics card to last a bit longer, I think the 560 TI would be worth the extra $41.

Having 2 Gigs on a 560 isn't going to make it run better than a 560 TI, it'll just make it so you can have run more monitors on the card. 1GB is all that is really needed for single monitor 1920 x 1080.

hmmmk and i know i've been busy with work and skyrim! lol ill be making an appearance again at some point soon

So the upgrade to the TI would be work breaking my wanted budget? haha? I know NOTHING about video cards or pretty much any other component

Oh and on the sale one should i downgrade the HD to 500gb? do i really need the 1tb?

How many GBs do you have on your current HD? Do you download a lot of games/movies/music?

If you want to save $50 now, I don't think it'd be a terrible idea. You can always buy another HD later. Your case SHOULD support adding of other ones. I don't know what IBUYPOWER does though.

But yea, if you want to knock it down to a 500 GB, and go to the TI, that wouldn't be bad at all.

Also, I buypower may be reflecting current HD prices. Currently HDs are insanely high due to shortages caused by flooding. If they are reflecting prices, then I'd probably go with the 500 GB, can always add another one once the prices come down if needed.

You might want to go with an AMD/ATi video card. nVidia's cards havent had the best track record regarding reliability over the past few years.

You might want to go with an AMD/ATi video card. nVidia's cards havent had the best track record regarding reliability over the past few years.

560 TIs are doing pretty good with reviews on reliability. They seem to be having less issues than previous nVidia cards.

Yeah 560ti is an excellent card. I recommend it. AMD and Nvidia are both very reliable these days. Nvidia has overcome their recent issues. You will hear things from the fans in each camp, but honestly they are equally reliable. Vendor is important, like MSI, Gigabyte, and whatnot. You want a vendor with good customer service and a good warranty. Overclocked or customclocked cards will have less reliability.

I have a 500gb in my laptop and not even close to maxing it out and it will JUST be for gaming my laptop will be for school work and things like that.
Okay also stupid question... will there be an ethernet port on it the computer or do i have to add something and would i have to add a wireless card?

Last edited:
All mobos should have an ethernet port. A wireless adapter would be a waste of money.

Okay, well i realized something last night... i need to not buy a computer for the simple fact of why? I can just go buy windows 7 for like 150 dollars (probably closer to 200) and turn on bootcamp. That will work well enough for a while till i do get more money saved up.

You can just get the Windows 7 upgrade for $80 and use that... no sense in wasting $150.

It is a tad tricky with the upgrade but doable. You have to run a registry edit to trick the windows activation, but there are instructions out on the web for it.

Back