Confession of Sin

Kawless

Background:
I was raised in the church, but never believed until I was mid-30's.
My father followed false prophets, believed in a god of money, and is physically dead.
My mom prayed for me for many years, and still lives.
I've been a believer for about 3 years now, and am currently executing Romans 8.
Revalations made heavy impact on me, I have spent most of my time since becoming saved trying to overcome fear of the metallic Beast empire, also described in Daniel.

In Revelations, if one has insight, on is supposed to calculate this number.
While it seems like a very strange commandment to spend any thought upon anything so worthless and blasphemous, because of guilt I have found it impossible not to.

Currently, I'm using a Logitech MX5000, software version 2.60606
The same company that manufactures the G15 keybound, with 18 programmable keys, arranged in 3 banks of 6 keys.

Until recently I have played City of Heroes, where one fights Against plant creatures, one of which is named a "Tree of Life."
Some enhancements have pictures of a dragon on them, some refer to the satanist "Crowley"
I currently play City of Villains, where robbing banks is a common practice.
Also I have heard of a mission in where one "captures" a man named Joshua.
There is a power set wherein one can plant a "Tree of Life" and be healed.

I still play Warcraft III, made by the same company that produced Diablo, which I have also played extensively, where one "defeats evil" by inserting a crystal into ones forehead. Psychological conditioning?

Until recently, I have extensively played Dark age of Camelot, which has 3 realms of 6 races each.

I have played Doom 1,2 and Quake 1,2,3.
Apparently in Quake4 story, the main hero inserts a metal object into his forehead so he can "fight the enemies better."

I have come here because I just cannot seem to relate to the vast majority of believers.

What is the point of all these observations?

In playing various online games, I find the rare person who puts "666" beside their name. I am at a total loss how I should deal with such people.

Any advice?

I am not sure if this should stay in RD or move to Advice. For now, I will post a response, but if you don't see it here, check on the Advice forum (under prayer requests)

Could you offer some additional insight on
I have come here because I just cannot seem to relate to the vast majority of believers.

I have a couple thoughts going through my head, which I will share in my next post.

Gen

In Q4 the main character is turned into a strogg (cyborg) against his will. It's not that he gets something inserted into his head to fight better, it's that his entire body gets replaced with a robotic one, leaving his head intact.

>_>
As to how you should deal with people who put that into their name, try asking them why they did that (If it was intentional or deliberit). If it was unintentional you could tell them what it means according to the Bible, (but seeing as how I don't play mmos I wouldn't know if they let you preach religion online ;) )

As to your relating your right, because I'm not sure what it is you are trying to say here.

Please if you could clarify then maybe I could understand your topic.

Simple! Jesus always makes things simple for us!

He came to give you His Life!

And this is what you have recieved when (and if) you repented of your sins and turned in Faith to God, counting the sacrifice of Jesus fair and just propitiation for your sins :)

He was raised from the dead and now sits in GLORY at the right hand of God!

His Life!

If you have recieved His Life, as a free gift from God, then you recieved God Himself!

The next time you see someone with "that" type of name simply ask Jesus if He has anything to say to this person :)

If He does, and you yield to the indwelling Holy Spirit, He will! :D

But it is VERY important to open your mouth only when you can back it up with the word of God's Truth found in the Holy Bible He gave us.. As this way you will have the witness of The Holy Spirit confirming His work!

It's of uttmost importance to have the word of God dwell in you, richly! And just as important to pray when issues like this come up! And just as important to have fellowship with believers who always point you to Jesus!

Could you talk more about why you feel you can't relate to other believers? As for the people who put for example "666" in there name, this is my opinion. On a scale of -8 to 8 (-8 representing not at all open to the gospel, and 8 being a fully commited follower of Christ) I see people who do things like that openly hostile to the work of God so a -8 to a -6. My opinion for those people is to plant seeds of love, not to discuss God with them, because they are not open to that yet. -5 to -2 they are open to start planting the seeds of forgiveness and the need to have a personal savior. -1 people are almost ready to accept God and may just need someone to ask them to pray a prayer of savation with them. If I'm talking to someone, I try and get a feel right away about how open or closed they are to the gospel. The Holy Spirit will let you know. The Bible says do not cast pearls to swine. People you are openly hostile to God are not ready to accept the treasure that God has offered them. The best way to minster to them is to love them, till they start to wonder what makes us different from the rest of the world, and then you'll know they are not a -8 or -7 anymore, but are ready to start contimplating forgiveness.

Back