Confused

[toj.cc]phantom

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
a7d130e97dc8b63529b099b6e8635430.jpg

Hey, can anyone explain this to me? If it is not appropriate, then I'm sorry, just a little puzzled on this one.

I think it's someone trying to show that Jesus was a woman or something. Gosh I hate stupid bilboards, I want to do destructive things to them.

If it's trying to show that Jesus was a woman or something, than that's just stupid. I can't seem to make sense of that either, pretty stupid ad either way. I don't think getting people curious is how to win them over if it's a Christian ad, if somebody came up to me and asked me about that one ad on the highway I wouldn't be able to explain it at all. I suppose I could witness to them, but they'd still be wondering what the heck the ad was about.

Lamar...at least in the area I'm from...used to put up unambiguously Christian signs (maybe they still do...not sure). So this is especially odd.

Anyone want to contact Lamar to see if they can shed any light on the issue? Heh. It's very possible, though, that Lamar has nothing to do with it aside from the fact that someone paid them for the billboard space.

Maybe it's one of those things where, in a few weeks or so, there will be another billboard in the same place that will clarify things.

Last edited:
The other question I have is....is this really a billboard or was someone with PaintShop bored one evening?

Gen

Google only brought up three instances of this, all forums or blogs.

Pictures can be made to look blurry.

Sorry for the skepticism, but after 3 or more months.....

If it isn't implying that Jesus is a woman, the long cheekbones is a reference to him turning his cheek or something... that could be the maple syrup talking, though...

EDIT: Oh yeah around where I live there are signs that are all black with white text, with quotes like:

"My after death insurance plan is out of this world"
-God

"As my apprentice, you'll never be fired."
-God

Kinda nice to see.

Here is the response I got in an email.

Sorry about that. I changed ISPs and I haven't got around yet to putting up the "historic" blog entries. A friend of mine called the billboard company, and apparently what happened was that some guy had a vision in which he saw Jesus and the gates of heaven. He was surprised to see Jesus beardless, with "long cheekbones" (what I suppose I would describe as "high" cheekbones), and with his hair in bangs. So he bought the billboard space to tell people about this, and the result is the billboard you see.

I was very happy that the gentleman wrote me back so quickly with a response. From there its like Ripley would say. "Believe it, or not."

Cory

Back