Confusing Post

Personally I really liked the bit about the obscene jesters :)

Seems to me that the unbelievers have no issue with Christian guilds. The attack seemed to come from within the flock.

Last edited:
Funny how no one really read the post, they just flamed. He was objecting to people using Jesus' name in a BAD way - and that got very misunderstood, but when they did understand - they brought up Krishna and others (who don't get the bad press, oddly enough).

It never pays to respond to those threads - the trolls are out and watching and waiting for an excuse. I try to be nice in game, but when people ask me for money or other things (I got whispered to when I was trying to sell a service in trade, and it was a troll telling me that I charge too much) - there are times they have to be put on /ignore so we can take the high road and not give them an opening to start a flame.

I guess sometimes the classiest thing is not to respond, even if we want to. Not when people can be anonymous and not be held accountable for their speech. It is better to respond in person when they can't hide from truth.

I guess sometimes the classiest thing is not to respond, even if we want to. Not when people can be anonymous and not be held accountable for their speech. It is better to respond in person when they can't hide from truth.

Mad
Once again you have put it perpective. I know I prolly shouldn't posted but after reading some of the others it was like a thorn in my side and I had to get it out of my system. So I apologize if y'all feel bad in any way for what I have said anyway Thanks for reading and posting your comments.

I don't have a problem with our post at all. As the guild leader, you were well within not only rights, but responsibility. You also brought up the very valid and scriptural point that we must, to be true followers of Christ, go directly to a brother or sister if they have offended us (a la Matt 18).

I thought you were right Jason, as the guild leader he did have the responsibility - I don't and would have said something very different. I am glad I am not in charge. :D

But it is really hard to temper words when your ticked off. I will look at a post several times when I am emotional - because as a friend told me, " You can win a person or you can win an argument, but you can't do both. " This implies that you need to pick the priority, and act accordingly.

I would also have to agree with Jason, I think you (YJ) did the right thing while being in the position in which you as to explain the situation and I think you did it well. Labels are always looked down upon but this just goes to show how many people really don't understand God's character and his loving kindness to us. I've been currently reading 1 Samuel-2 Kings and to me it was always easy for me to point out, that dang you know God was harsh on this or that but when you read between the lines you noticed just how much love, grace and mercy he was showing and that he judged the person's motive more so than the actual physical product of what was seen. (Nice job explaining that in your post)

But its easy to see that when the trolls come in and look at what we speak /w regards to God and Jesus as opportunities to take a jab at our faith and its upsetting and in some cases if we can contain our own feelings its the right thing to do, like you did, to explain the situation.

Nice job brother, I felt like you kept your cool :)

Beniah/Brandon

Thanks Guys and Gals for the support. It is humbling to know that I have such wonderful people stand there when I speak out in support of our guild. Just so that y'all know I don't often do that without praying about what I say I glad to hear that y'all don't feel I was out of line. Thanks Again.

Back