Connection problem with WoW.

Odale

This only started happening last night, but what usually happens is my text will stop working (I cannot see what I write, text lag I guess) then inevitably my whole WoW will start to lag (I cast a spell and it takes 1 minute to get the cast off or it doesn't go off, I dismount in air and my character flies on his own, etc etc).

Can mods be doing this? Nothing has changed recently as far as our internet setup is concerned.

I haven't had a bad case of WoW lag in a few months... is this all it is?

I doubt it's mod related at all. I used to get that and it was largely a case of needing to reset my router -- although it kept coming back and I eventually bought a new one.

Its really strange because not all of the game will lag. Earlier, my text was lagging but I could cast spells just fine... then I'd have to restart. After the restart and some time passing, I would lag out on spells, but could talk fine and access NPCs.

Weird.

I did reset my router/modem too.

Edit: It appears my Real ID chat is not affected, but when I am "lagging" npc's responses to me are significantly slow as is my chat in game (/say. /g, /p, etc.) and when I try to log off, people around me continue to do what they are doing, but they do their thing in place... similar to classic lag. Additionally, my computer sits at the retrieving character list screen for minutes on end. I don't think its me thats lagging... if it was, then wouldn't my real ID chat be lagged too?

Last edited:
There were weird things happening with Wow 2 nights ago.....it was server side. Avesther was doing the Therazane dailies and out of the blue got the Stonecore loading screen. When the loading bar didn't move, he restarted the game...only to log onto Avesther and get the Throne of the Tides loading screen. When it completed loading, slowly, he was in the inn in Stormwind, in a 5 man group lol.

There were blue posts supposidly about lowbies having similar issues.

If it still is happening, disable your mods and try it....but I'm doubtful it will help.

Yeah I disabled all of my mods, restarted everything I could think to restart. Im trying again today right now.

Back