Contest Ideas?

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
I've been tring to come up with some ideas to drum up some more usage for our L4D server and I thought I would open it up to the group to see if anyone has some ideas on what we can be scheduling for L4D nights.

Either contests or game mods could be options so search away and lets see what ideas we can come up with. I'll start with the idea of have a L4D survival tourney. We can pick a map and break into teams and find out who can put up the best survival time....

Speed runs (4 members) - lowest time wins, all people have to survive
Versus tourney - double elimination, round robin, random team assignments

Although you may want to keep Wednesdays open for Toj usage, if your concern is simply getting games going you may wish to mention to other Christian clans we have a L4D server as I haven't seen another yet (noting the game's content for those who don't know). It's a two sided coin though you may get more people using the server so toj could create games easier but then you may get too many people at one time and have to exclude people.

I created a PM list of TF2 players I use for TF2 events so you may want to do the same for Toj L4D players.

With just 8 player slots on one mode and only 4 on the other, plus the length of time some of the modes take, it's a lot harder to get people in to play L4D than other games :/.

Last edited:
I thought Wednesdays were still regular game nights for the Left 4 Dead chapter?

I still think wednesdays are regular nights for L4D, just thought we might stir a little interest in the game with a contest.

I still think wednesdays are regular nights for L4D, just thought we might stir a little interest in the game with a contest.
Ah, okay then.

How is the L4D mapping community coming along? Maybe we could add a few new maps to the server?

I've been a little disappointed with left4dead411 lately, not much for news. But that is a good point if anyone comes across something they would like to see on the server post up and see how everyone feels about it.

Back