Continuing Rant..

Sheckle

Figured I"d carry this convo on to this thread because, sadly, Fellowship Events tab is rarely looked at or used.

I'm making a request to make Bible Studies the Wed night thing to do. We dont raid...and I was bored out of my mind and so were others. Why not have a bible study, talk about our God, and farm stuff at the same time :p Think it would be fun fellowship.

We've tried this a few times, scheduled it, and barely anyone came...come on guys show some support and respect.

I will go on a personal note here because Bill was the last one to host a bible study and NO ONE CAME til about 30 min after it was orginally scheduled...and the people who came were close friends in Redeemed. I was a little peeved.
Bill is an AWESOME speaker and teacher when it comes to the Word and I've seen him talk about it many times...it's inspiring and gets you fired up for God.

Please, im bringing this up because I think it should be important enough to have on the schedule and important enough for you guys to want to come and to come on time...to jump in that bible study vent channel 5 min early even!

I think it would help the guild come together as a whole and get to know each other better as people and not just palyers. It would also be a good place to throw out prayer requests. Who would be willing to take part in the leading? (I hope Bill volunteers!)

Last edited:
Figured I"d carry this convo on to this thread because, sadly, Fellowship Events tab is rarely looked at or used.

I'm making a request to make Bible Studies the Wed night thing to do. We dont raid...and I was bored out of my mind and so were others. Why not have a bible study, talk about our God, and farm stuff at the same time :p Think it would be fun fellowship.

We've tried this a few times, scheduled it, and barely anyone came...come on guys show some support and respect.

I will go on a personal note here because Bill was the last one to host a bible study and NO ONE CAME til about 30 min after it was orginally scheduled...and the people who came were close friends in Redeemed. I was a little peeved.
Bill is an AWESOME speaker and teacher when it comes to the Word and I've seen him talk about it many times...it's inspiring and gets you fired up for God.

Please, im bringing this up because I think it should be important enough to have on the schedule and important enough for you guys to want to come and to come on time...to jump in that bible study vent channel 5 min early even!

I think it would help the guild come together as a whole and get to know each other better as people and not just palyers. It would also be a good place to throw out prayer requests. Who would be willing to take part in the leading? (I hope Bill volunteers!)

You hope Bill Volunteers? Can't you just make him?

I would hope you read more than just that and have more input on the subject. Take me seriously hopefully.

I would so love to hop on vent on Wednesday nights, but it's church night for many people.

I lead Bible study and prayer at church on Wednesdays so personally I support a guild Bible study for those who don't have the privilege of being a part of one in their local church, but I will never be able to attend unless it is a rare occassion where we are shut down.

I would personally love to hear some people from the guild share from the Word, that would be a real encouragement.

Pneuma.... are you picking your nose in your picture? i love it! :)

I would never take a picture of myself with my shirt off haha - just a stock photo

And I believe they are holding back a sneeze

I wish I could attend a wednesday night bible study but since I work church and game are both out for me. I am lucky on one part though is that on Wednesdays I usually work in the chapel for a couple of hours that allows me to study the bible on my own time. And if not usually I can catch Family Life on one of the local radio stations.

I would come if I am home on Wednesdays. My wife is the praise and worship leader at our church. I don't always go on Wed. because in the evening many times I can hardly walk from my medicines.

So, basically, yes, I would be there if I am home. I do have a mic now. I don't use it much but I have one now.

My point isnt for the people who cant make it. For the people that can those are who I am speaking to. There were plenty online last time we held one and only a handful hopped into vent to listen.

If it was another night I'd most likely come... I love studying the Bible and I can do some writing while in the study on the side.

Wed I teach the Youth and right now it is on Evangelism for our mission trip this summer...

Sounds like it needs to be on a regular schedule. Yes, Wednesday night at 6 server time is about the time our church Bible study ends. Determine day and time and give us an opportunity to attend! Perhaps next posting should be a poll about evening and time for the Bible study.

Back