COPYCATS!

I think BFV was one of the first Vietnam games out actually, or one of the first announced... or at least the first one I had ever heard of. Bah, BF1942 brought large scale battle to life, so I would consider Dice exempt from the title copycat.

Nah, there have been a ton of Vietnam games before BFV.

But BFV is probably one of the best. I can't wait for BF2
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Oct. 11 2004,12:40)]How hard is it to come up with a decent game idea?

I swear these companies lie, cheat and steal from each other.

Two recent examples:  Vietnam and Psionics

Vietnam is the new WWII.  It's the game of choice for FPS's it seems.  Within a few weeks we had a slew of Vietnam games out.  'Nam '67, Viet Cong and just recently, Conflict: Vietnam.  Sheesh, give us a break already.  Now, it would be different if these games were GOOD, but 'Nam '67 and Viet Cong were crap.  I can't speak for Conflict Vietnam, but the other Conflict games were barely palatable.

Within a week it seems we had two Psionic games on the shelf.  Psi-Ops and Second Sight.  We're talking blatant ripoffs here.  Both games have virtually identical storylines.  Both games have alternating storylines (present and flashback levels).  Both games have you regaining your latent psi powers.  Both games have similar weapon choices, layouts and gameplay.  Both games have a female character that the player relies on for information.  I could go on and on.

For the record, Second Sight is a MUCH better game, though it still has its quirks (namely camera angles).  It actually has a decent STORYLINE, imagine that, a storyline!

I hope this trend of copycat games ends quickly!
Everything does it, even movies.

Look at Deep Impact and Armaggeddon for examples.

Star wars games? Overkill!? WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!

Aww man star wars games are my favoritrte almost!
Some are jedi ones and some are shooter ones and one is an RPG... And theya re all mostly awsome!

Never too many starwars games unkess they start to stink

I agree with Byblos.

I am a FAN, not a FANATIC.

But Lucasarts has made a point of making QUALITY games (for the most part). Unlike Star Trek games
smile.gif

true. I have always been a fan of lucasarts (since dark forces
biggrin.gif
) and have jst about every jedi knigt game except jedi academy. just recently bought battlefront and want KOTOR. (yes, i havn't even played this game before, don't kill me) most star trek games stink. (no offence to anyone who likes them)

I say yes there are too many star wars games when they cascel orignal games like Sam and Max 2 to make room for MORE star wars games! Though I did enjoy the JK series and I am loving KotOR...

dude, I think that has a lot more to do with the death of the adventure genre.

I hear ya though, Sam and Max and Day of the Tentacle are two of my all time favorite games.

No, MYST sells like mad, not adventure games in general
smile.gif

I miss games like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Quest for Glory, etc.

sad.gif

true enough... Monkey Island and Sam and Max just don't get the kind of attention they deserve... I still love the olden lucas arts adventure games.

Back