Counter Strike

Jango

I see you guys talking about it a lot, and I was thinking about buying it. Couple questions, how much money? I don't want to buy a game that's over forty. Next, what type of game is it? ( FPS, Adventure, Strategy etc. ) Third, what's the point of the game? Please respond soon.

Its a multiplayer FPS. DOnt buy it, buy Half-life GOTY and dl CS for free, you get more for your money that way. You can get HL GOTY for as cheap as 10 bucks at some places, like Sams Club, and even Media play. Trying to get good at it tho will be challenging sincee most of the people playing it have been playing it for almost 5 years or more, lol

I'd rather not download it, since my computer is only a 56k and it'd take hours. I think I'm going to Meijer today, so I'll check HL out.

Ugh, dial up, altho CS is playable on that, its not too practical, and only CS:CZ has single-player, old skool CS is multiplayer only, and then their is the bandwidth hog and resource glutant called steam that currently is the most current version of all of Valve's products, and was bad enough to casue me to retire from CS and move on to RTCW and ET.

The new Steam may give you frustrating time with the dial-up
sad.gif
. It takes loads of time to dl the updates sometimes.. and i have a 3mbps< cable.. it's pain in teh butt. However, if you do get it, yeh, buy half-life, save the cd key, and download Steam.

BUY CS!!!!!!!!!! I AM A 56KER AND I PLAY CS!!!!!!! its really not that bad. i buaght hl goty and was able to get a friend to download and burn steam for me
biggrin.gif
. and actually if u can ping less than 400 ur good to go on cs
biggrin.gif

400 ping? ouch, Im used to a comfortable 20-70 ping in all my games, but then again Im running 3.1mbps cable. . . . .

Yeah, Lan games are cool, you get like 10 PING!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY COUNTER-STRIKE!!!!!!

If your into team-based first person shooters, Counter-Strike is good for it.

Unless you have X-Box or PS2.
mad.gif

If your into Free For All first person shooter brawl battles, Half-Life is good for that. You could also check out their other cool HL games.
Half-Life: Opposing Force (YOUR A BAD GUY!!!)
Half-Life: Blue Shift (YOUR A SECURITY GUARD!!!)
Half-Life (YOUR A SCIENTIST!!!)

By the way, all 3 half-life games are a related story!

400 ping is that your using the opposite country/state, 200 or less if its at your country/state.

and what the heck is HL GOTY???
I have the HL: Platinum Pack, any better than that?

Best team based FPS online, from what Ive found after frustrations with steam, is RTCW and ET, which, after the Q3 learning curve from CS, are much better games, and ET is even free
smile.gif
Worth looking into if you like multiplayer FPS games. As for single-player, the original HL and OpFor are good, as is Halo, and Im sure DOOM 3 will have no problem adding to that list, nor will HL2

i ping bout 250-380 and do fine and GOTY stands for game of the year edition. i got it for $20

My ping is usually around 800 ( I think ) on a good day. Plus, I already said that I decided not to buy it since my computer is really slow.

Or sign up for Cable/Adsl. Adsl here, you pay like $20 for 6 months, then after 6th month is regular price, $40 per month. Cable here, $40 per month, but you can get packages since its through the cable wires on the TV.

Look for an old 3COM on ebay, I have one I always used that got e 53k everytime. Its probably not the modem, but rather your ISP. Try a different local number, they all have a few for each area code, and you may get better connection rates.

and a new modem costs like $10 thats the price i got for mine and i get 56k each time.

My parents wouldn't buy one no matter what the price. They just don't think we need it.

NEWS: Steam now supports Offline gaming! and u can purchase game through Steam (kinda weird) anyway. U can LAN now, using 1.6 (i hav waited) thas right, go and get the steam now! (if u can't dl it in 1 day cuz of dial up issue.. www.getright.com)

Back