CounterStrike

viglundr

So installed Steam as I wanted to see some other games and heard they had great prices on some and once installed noticed it had my CS on there, so installed it and played for a little while.

It sure brought back some memories, first populated server I found was even a Christian server, was almost expecting to see a Tribforce tag :)

wow, it has been a while

i think my cell phone has better graphics than the computer i used when i played CS back then.

ahh, 9fps was the greatest

My boys still play, but it has changed a lot. I have tried a few FPS over the past few years but nothing like CS.

When I was 'done' playing City of Heroes I actually played CS: gun game. Almost impossible to find a clean enough server but if you find a good group it is hilarious and quite challenging. My favorite version is when everyone starts with the AWP and goes completely backwards through the guns. As soon as someone makes it all the way through and gets a knife kill is when the next map starts. So each kill you earn grants access to the next weapon in line. I always just did auto switch but would sometimes end up dying because my gun would switch when i'd run into a group. The maps are so varied as well. Highly, highly recommend trying out gun game servers.

*wanders off into CS land for a bit to play now...*

Been getting the first person shooter feeling a bit lately, thought about Call of Duty:Black ops but haven't played any of the series. Then found a demo for Battlefield 3 coming out in fall and the graphics look great, will see how that comes along.

Back