CS:GO for PC, XBLA, and PSN

Joshinator

Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak 3 Server Opera
Dunno if anyone saw this today... Valve announced their newest game :D

I personally am stoked about this new counter-strike. I have been getting into the competitive world of CS:S right now, and am quite interested in new weapons, characters, modes. Also the gun balance change :D

Also, it comes out on the xbox and PS3, but thats no big deal...

Here are some linkys:
Joystiq

PC Gamer

Valve Store Page

New Counter-Strike Game Coming

For the Counter-Strike fans...

Gametrailers said:
Valve’s Counter-Strike series is easily one of the most played (and influential) in the biz, and today the company announced the continuation of the franchise with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

“Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999,” said Doug Lombardi, VP of Marketing at Valve. “For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS’ award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac.”

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year’s PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.

We’ll of course keep you posted as new details such as pricing emerge, but we advise that you also stay tuned to this newly-launched page for the game on Steam.

Information source (has cussing in comments)
Steam Page

I ponders if this has come out because someone at Valve is thinking of introducing micro-transactions to Counter-Strike after their success with TF2. I also wonder when they are going to get a new game engine Source is starting to show it's age. I doubt they have the time to make one before 2012 though, they probably would have mentioned it too.

Last edited:
Moderator's note: Merged two threads on same topic (Counter-Strike: Global Assault).

Uh huh Gerbil... sure.. We all know you want to boost your post count and gather more gerbil minions to fall into your synthetic dominion. I know what... OH! A WHEEL!!

Uh huh Gerbil... sure.. We all know you want to boost your post count and gather more gerbil minions to fall into your synthetic dominion. I know what... OH! A WHEEL!!

You'll get the wheel if you're lucky I've banished people to my plastic tube maze for less insolence!

So how would you all feel if the new CS had micro-transactions or do you think it won't go that way?

Last edited:
I plan to wait a year or two until all the suckers have bought it and Valve decides to make it free. . .Oh but wait, if you were dumb enough to buy a free game you get this nifty helmet that offers you nothing extra as a consolation prize. Been chumped by Valve once before, don't plan on making that mistake again.

I plan to wait a year or two until all the suckers have bought it and Valve decides to make it free. . .Oh but wait, if you were dumb enough to buy a free game you get this nifty helmet that offers you nothing extra as a consolation prize. Been chumped by Valve once before, don't plan on making that mistake again.

That is frankly a very silly view to take. What did we lose for paying for the game the first time around? Personally I would say that the enjoyment I got out of TF2 in the 3.5 years before it went F2P were more than worth the price that I paid. Making it F2P only benefited those who were into the game by bolstering it's popularity into years to come.

Don't forget, it was your choice to pay the first time, knowing full well that the price would probably drop (even if it was an unusual move to make it F2P) there's no point in pouting over the fact that others paid less. In my experience the best times I've had with multiplayer games came when it was fresh out of release anyway, and that's something all those latecomers will never have.

As for the new CS game, I'll probably pick it up, if only to remind myself of of good times I had in my early days with online gaming. I just hope they do something to make it fresh instead of just the same old CS with a fresh coat of paint.

Last edited:
I agree with MG the source engine in the preview looks dated and it feels like CS:Source: Condition Zero IMO

Nice gameplay. New weapons: MAG-7, SCAR-20, MP7, etc.

The Cross-Platform play will be more interesting.

Last edited:
Back