Curiosity Kills

sdenotter

Well, I know on my school this topic rouses some pretty interesting issues (im on a computer school) BUT i will ask anyway cause we are all "respectable" christians are we not :)

What kind of music do you all enjoy? and why?

What kind of music can you not stand? why?

For me, I quite enjoy classic rock, but have taken a liking to a christian version of death metal called, Life Metal. :) if any of you watch my music video, that is what kind of music that is.

I generally can stand all kinds of music, although two have a very um, character minimizing attributes. those being country and rap.... i can listen to them, but only for a little while...

bout you?

I'm in complete agreement with you--

Classic Rock: Yes.

Country and Rhap: No.

No time for Whys, maybe I'll be back later to expound.

-Chadley

I enjoy CHRISTIAN rap (tobyMac, GRITS) and some Christian rock. Only, it has to be sort of a unique voice (which is why I like Kevin Max's music) because six out of ten male CCM artists sound exactly the same IMO. But, whatever.

So...

Myoosik i luv: Christian rap and some Christian rock
Myoosik i rly haet: most metal, screamo (screaming emo? ick), most country, and people with annoying voices (think Big Daddy Weave)

I enjoy Christian Rock Such as Flyleaf, TFK, Seventh Day Slumber, Fireflight, Superchic[k], Hawk Nelson, Eowyn, and many many more.

Some Contemporary Christian like, Rebecca St James (Could be considered rock), Jaci V, Jen Knapp

Non Christian not so much only ones I ever listen to are Creed,The Fray (All Christians in the Band) Evanesence (Used to be Christian)

What I hate: Rap I hate what they have to say (Non Christian) and Most Country. And Secular Music in General

I can listen to most any type of music except rap, toby mac is as far as i will go when listening to it. But I also can't stand listening to all out screamo or whatever, because if i cant understand what they are saying then I don't qualify it as singing.
I was raised on country music and still love it but now i listen to more rock.

Bands that I listen to: Switchfoot, Hawk Nelson, Relient K, FM static, The Swift, Sanctus Real, The Afters.

Non christian: Brooks and Dunn, Yellowcard, coldplay, All American Rejects, Angels and Airwaves, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks. Some more but this is what I can think of off the top of my head. Oh ya and I like The Fray too dredd, I need to buy their cd only song i have heard is "how to save a life".

um...let's see....

Christian: Pillar, TFK, SKillet, Flyleaf, Switchfoot, Hawk Nelson, Relient K, Jonah33, Emery, Sancuts Real, Kutless, Jays of Clay, David Crowder, Matt Redman, Tim Hughs, Chris Tomlin, Jermy Camp, Falling Up, and some others I can't remember now,

NonChristian: Smashing Punkins, Panic at the Disco, The Fray are good too, um....oh.....Dave Matthews (<- if you live where i do this is a requirement)...huh...guess that's all i got for now.
Most non-Christian stuff is just SO depressing now a days. When I started listening to just christian stuff, my whole outlook changed.

What's funny is that I went from Fear Factory, Slipknot, saticX, RobZombie, Power man5000, to well......Worship music....... go figure :D

well...

basicaly on my Ipod is all Christian rock and what not (ie Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Aaron Shust, Hillsong...)

i can stand to listen to almost anything, but rap is where i get annoyed, i dont like not knowing what people are saying, and the lyrics arn't pure...

What I like: Classic Rock, 80's music, some CCM (Third Day is my fav), Praise & Worship, Yanni ( :eek: ), Big Band, some jazz.

What I hate: Rap (can't spell crap without rap), country music of any kind, opera.

:D

I used to listen to a lot of christian rock, but not so much anymore.
cuz most of them suck.
There are some good ones, after all, my favorite band is Project 86.
Switchfoot is pretty good. talented bassist.

anyhow, to simplify.
Like: Rock. Classical. Instrumental (Hans Zimmer). Metal(especially with opera lead vocals. see "Nightwish"). Norwegian funk Rock (Kaizerz Orchestra, ftw). Oldies. etc, etc, blah blah blah.
Dislike: R&B. Country.

Simply: just about anything "normal" except rap, screamer, and country-ish stuff. I can tolerate the above and even like when its mixed with some other stuff (Toby Mac, Skillet, whatever)

I'd have to say my all time faves are the Christian oldies, Third Day, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline and the like - the ones from back when i was a kid.

What do i have in my car right now? Mae, Gavin Degraw, Chris Doughtry (for my gf), Switchfoot (learning to breath AND new way to be human), and Bryan Adams. As you can see, a generally wide array of different stuff. I'm hoping to change it around a bit though - I want to toss in some skillet and take out doughtry and the switchfoots and toss in their newer one, maybe throw in a toby mac and get rid of bryan adams.....we'll see, i've had those ones in my car for ages.

ok what is in our car right now: 2 Josh turner, Steven Curtis Chapman, Mecry Me, FFH, 4Him

Bout the only music that doesn't get airplay in our house or car is rap, and the heavier rock stuff

ive said this before, but i'll say it again but i detest 80% of all christian music as it currently stands because i believe pillar, toby mac, casting crowns, and many others have no talent whatsoever. dont flame me for my belief.

i like techno, country, and epic rock. i dont like dragon force thoguh, their drummer does the same beat like every song and their vocalist sucks too. rhapsody does a great job as far as beat and lyrics and vocals go.

ive said this before, but i'll say it again but i detest 80% of all christian music as it currently stands because i believe pillar, toby mac, casting crowns, and many others have no talent whatsoever. dont flame me for my belief.

i like techno, country, and epic rock. i dont like dragon force thoguh, their drummer does the same beat like every song and their vocalist sucks too. rhapsody does a great job as far as beat and lyrics and vocals go.

D000D TOTALLY!!!! cept i like dragonforce... Rhapsody gets monotonous to me after a while... as does dragon force... but i just listen to one song at a time anyway

I listen to mostly Christian music. BUT I also listen to classical. (I'm married to a classically trained musician, remember!) I even like opera, if it's live (and of high quality).

I listen to some eighties music, plus certain groups. (Most notably Abba...) I also listen to some Southern rock/country rock. (But I'm picky. VERY picky.) I even listen to select bits of Christian rap, some heavy stuff, and others.

And I listen to Middle Eastern music, both traditional and pop.

And to Arch: Did you know the members of Nightwish are Dragonlance fans? For instance, Wishmaster is told by Dalamar, Raistlin's appentice.

haha, I never even heard of Dragonlance. but I do like Wishmaster.
(wiki'd it up. yeah, I never played D&D. I've been primarily an Comp RPGer)

Dorkelf is classically trained? I did not know. what does he play?
classically trained musicians are always the best.

oh yeah, and I hate screamo.

He's a classically trained pianist (though he also took voice his senior year in HS and in college). He also plays clarinet in our church orchestra. He was staff pianist at our previous two churches, and teaches private piano lessons.

He ALSO taught music and music history to homeschoolers for four (I think four?) years. Oh, AND he is teaching himself to play the lap dulcimer. Or was. I think that is on hold until after this semester is up... And he occasionally plays the doumbek I bought him years ago.

Makes me sick the way he can play anything! :D First time he picked up my finger cymbals, he put me to shame. And I had been playing them for years...*

*Disclaimer: I play them very poorly, and under duress.

i like some screamo ie Underoath, i like Christian heavy metal ie Disciple or Skillet but i REALLY like praise and worship, Jsaon Upton, Rita Springer, David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin and Todd Agnew (to name a few). I CANT STAND C-RAP! yes for me it has a silent C. then there is country, that twang and the lyrics. "my dawg left me and you took my wife, would you like fries with that?" the songs are stupid and few are really good.
Joey

then there is country, that twang and the lyrics. "my dawg left me and you took my wife, would you like fries with that?" the songs are stupid and few are really good.
Joey

i think for county to be understood alot of life has to be lived.

Back