curses

Master~Plan

I just downloaded Firefox and its pretty neat, but then when I used it to view my website I'm making, it puts white spaces inbetween every frame! You also can't have a fixed background image on your site! whats up with that, is there something you have to do to make your website the same in FF and IE?

It is possible to make things the same in both browsers. It's just kinda hard. CSS behaves slightly differently. HTML is rendered differently.

ChickenSoup said:
IE pwns for this reason.

Actually 9 times out of 10, FF complies with WC3 standards. It's IE that fails to live up to expected behaviour.

Meh, I guess I'll just not worry about it. FF usere are probably use to broken up webpages anyway. The only other problem with my site is, if the text size is at larger or largest in the browser, it makes my site look bad. Thinking about making all text pictures....

Master~Plan said:
FF usere are probably use to broken up webpages anyway.
Actually, I switched over completely to Firefox a few months back and there's only been one or two sites that I've had to load in IE. Firefox compatibility is a growing concern among web developers as Firefox is becoming more and more popular among users fed up with IE's lack of security and features. If you're planning to design web pages for money, then I'd suggest learning the ins and outs of designing for FF.

Back