Daily devotional program for 2006?

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
It's nearing the end of the year and that means it's time to start reviewing daily devotional programs for 2006.

As in previous years, I'd like forum members to suggest daily devotional programs that last the full year, are written by respected and trusted authors, and either require no expense or a very inexpensive companion book.

I'll also need a staff to manage the program throughout the year. This will include a "head" of daily devotional staff and at least two assistants.

Please use this thread to suggest daily devotional programs and/or volunteer to serve on program staff.

If I remember correctly I saw a forum that would seem to indicate that CGA has already done Oswald Chambers My Utmost For His Highest, but even if you have, I still think it'd be cool to go over in 2006. There's a lot to contemplate in each devotional, which is pretty short.

That's my vote anyway.

I've been feeling compelled to help resurrect this. I recommend, and am current reading, the One Year Bible. I would happily commit to keeping daily posts up for discussion purposes and whatever else might be necessary to make it a success. We all should be spending time with the Lord each day and having each other to discuss what we learn with will bring us closer together.

IceBladePOD said:
If I remember correctly I saw a forum that would seem to indicate that CGA has already done Oswald Chambers My Utmost For His Highest, but even if you have, I still think it'd be cool to go over in 2006. There's a lot to contemplate in each devotional, which is pretty short.

That's my vote anyway.

I loved Oswald Chamber's devotionals. I even bought several books and handed them out to a lot of my friends.

My Utmost for His Highest is awesome, but it was pretty recent.

I also like the Bible in a year thing...can't get more basic than that. :) Good accountability, too.

Cool link, Marcylene!

I would also like to investigate some Beth Moore studies online. She has some really awesome devotionals, but I know a lot of them are kind of geared toward women. Heh. :)

That being said, I found this *link* with some Beth Moore devotionals that seem pretty general. I'll try to look at it after finals, but if anyone else wants to look and see what you think, that'd be cool. I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if it's updated regularly for it to even be an option.

If it won't work for the general crowd, maybe for Lydia's? Hmm? :)

We could never go wrong with Beth Moore. I love the idea of having her in Lydia's! I have spent the last hour since I read your post reading her devotions. I want to post in a couple of other areas the ones I saw there. I listen to a couple of her lessons at oneplace.com, and I wasn't aware that she had a daily devotion. I owe you BIG time for that! I really feel that she helps me grow Spiritually, she is quite a lady and makes me proud to be a Texan! lol

I also love the idea of reading the Bible through in a year, Mr. Slice, that would be a tremendous blessing. I admire you for your willing heart.

Ember said:
My Utmost for His Highest is awesome, but it was pretty recent.

I also like the Bible in a year thing...can't get more basic than that. :) Good accountability, too.

I would definately be in favor for a Bible in a Year study.

Back