Dark Age of Camelot 14-day trial

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I've downloaded the 14-day trial for Dark Age of Camelot. I'll be out of town next week, so I'm going to wait to install the trial until Thursday, August 25. That way, I have at least a full weekend (I go to classes Monday and Wednesday) to play DAoC before classes on Monday. I'll be canceling my account and uninstalling the trial at the end of 13 days (to make certain that I'm not charged), but I hope to meet some guild members in-game if possible.

Tek7 said:
I've downloaded the 14-day trial for Dark Age of Camelot. I'll be out of town next week, so I'm going to wait to install the trial until Thursday, August 25.
I've (obviously) decided to delay my venture back into Camelot. I'll be spending what time I can with my wife this weekend, but hope to install the trial and play starting next Tuesday or Thursday.

Smiles let me know so I can try to play. I am just not that good and do better with people bigger then me. I don't know how to kill and keep you alive both if you're littler then me. Blessings,"Angel"

Tek7 said:
I've (obviously) decided to delay my venture back into Camelot. I'll be spending what time I can with my wife this weekend, but hope to install the trial and play starting next Tuesday or Thursday.
My wife has no Friday classes this week and neither of us have classes this coming Monday. I've decided to postpone once again and start playing Tuesday, September 6.

I'd like to visit guild members during the 14-day trial. On what servers and realms should I create characters to meet you all in-game? I already have Sarengar on Percival-Albion and my Troll Shaman on Galahad-Midgard.

Though most of us still have characters on Percival, we're mainly playing on Lamorak (one of the new classic servers) now. We're still in Albion, so come look for us. I'm usually not on except for the weekends, but you might find Myth around. Hopefully, I'll catch you around...it would be nice to meet you, since you were already gone before I joined the guild.

Gyllis said:
Though most of us still have characters on Percival, we're mainly playing on Lamorak (one of the new classic servers) now.
Sounds good. I'm running updates now, so I hope to be on by this afternoon. I'll likely stop by Midgard first, but make my way to Lamorak-Albion shortly after that. :)

Okay, I'm in.

The good news is that I'll have fourteen days to play the game for free. I canceled the account immediately after installing so I won't be billed. Fortunately, Mythic allows players to continue playing until the end of their billing period. I'll be booted from the game fourteen days from now, on September 20.

The bad news is that I wasn't able to retrieve my old account for fear of having one month of DAoC charged to my credit card. So I'm starting from scratch: none of my old characters, no money, and no equipment.

So, where do I start? :)

Well I tried to get it downloaded. But it's still 42 hours away. It started like 220 hours. I've been downloaded for more than a week. I don't guess I'll make it we'lll see, maybe a one day game play with ya. The thing about it is that it may not work after it gets downloaded. 1.8 Gig download on dial up wooot. 54% right now.

ColdSteel said:
Well I tried to get it downloaded. But it's still 42 hours away.
Two questions for you, CS: (1) Does your computer have a DVD-ROM drive and (2) where do you live? I'd be willing to burn the install to DVD+R and mail it to you.

Back