Deal on Steel Sound 5H V2 USB Headsets

dorkelf

I do not work for Buy.com and do not profit from anyone buying from them, but I couldn't resist letting you guys know about a great deal on a USB headset if you are in the market for one. This is the headset in question (as listed by newegg, not buy.com) -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836509102

Buy.com is selling this headset for $54.99 BEFORE a $30 mail-in rebate if you sign up for and use google checkout (which is free for buyers). Price after rebate is $24.99. I won't include a link to the buy.com site, just go to buy.com and type in 'Steel Sound USB' into the search box and you'll find them.

Of course rebates take forever to process. There are also issues that some people have had with this headset (see the newegg.com link above for quite a few negative or mixed reviews of this headset). But for $24.99 you just aren't going to get anything near this quality, in my opinion. Even $54.99 is a pretty good deal. I just bought one of these for Mirawyn and I (for our new laptop, which has no mic jack).

Paul

actually the plantronics audio90's are less than 20 bucks w/o rebate and match the audio spces of that headset and have much much more favorable reviews.

actually the plantronics audio90's are less than 20 bucks w/o rebate and match the audio spces of that headset and have much much more favorable reviews.
Plantronics ftw.

I spent ~$40 US on my headset and I love it.

My wife spent $50 on my headset for my birthday, and as the GW folks know, I've been inaudible on TS for two months now due to a pain inducing (to anyone else listening) buzz.

Plantronics FTL in my case.

Back