Dealing with hackers

4t0p

I'm sure we already have something like this in place, in fact im 100% sure about it, but perhaps we could expand it or something. Anyway, the idea is a like a Hacker squad or something along those lines specifically used to view demos and what not, Like i said im sure this is already in place in the Admin forums, but maybe it could be expanded I dont know, just tossing the idea out there for some feedback
rock.gif

I'll spew out some information about what is going on in the admin forums.

We are actively posting demos of suspected cheaters and discussing them. Nuff' said.

Errrr... Our longest thread on the Admin forums is the Banned Players thread.

On another note, if any of you is on the server and there's no admin, and you believe there's a cheater, get a demo going, zip it up and send it to Rizz, Elite, Goose or Kidan. They have larger email boxes and webspace to host it for the rest of the admins.

If there's an Admin on, just let him know. He will watch the suspect, get a demo, and deal with the situation.

I remember this one time there was a hacker on the server, and everyone knew he was a hacker cause he was awping people through walls from his drop zone, and there was this admin named sun who wouldnt do anything and........

Errr, uh, errrr, what was I saying again?
wow.gif
wink.gif

Speaking from the point of a player, taking a demo, and zipping it and sending it to someone is a lot of work to ban someone who:

A. Will most likely not return even if we do not ban him.
B. Is disrupting our fun enough as it is, without the demo recording, and zipping.

My suggestion is to just leave the server if a hacker comes in. If you choose to ride out the storm, that's up to you. Recording, zipping, and E-Mailing demos really does nothing for the problem at hand. My suggestion is to jump on an instant messenger system and hit up the admins with an IM if you want the problem rectified immediately.

If Im on and we are having a problem, plz tell me I'll call Zealot to fix it. And if he doesn't come ill go to his house and beat him with a BIG stick until he does.
tounge.gif

speaking of catching cheaters, this is 7 and I got banned for absolutely nothing but ownage. And If your gonna ban me make demos, take screenshots, PROVE THAT IM HACKING before this happens again. If anyone would like to tell me why or who banned me post.

speaking of catching cheaters, this is 7 and I got banned for absolutely nothing but ownage. And If your gonna ban me make demos, take screenshots, PROVE THAT IM HACKING before this happens again. If anyone would like to tell me why or who banned me post.

I addressed this issue in your other post. The ban stays for now, but it is being looked into. Until then, find and enjoy some other servers.

lol.. anyways is ToJ gonna host a 1.6 serv as well?? some people asked me but i had no clue.

I heard cs 1.6 comes with bots. well.. stupid bots.. in a level with water, they all drown.. thats wat i heard :p

well i still can't wait till 1.6 comes out as full release.. more glock damage, more balanced guns.. i wonder if they'll change some thing about that n00b gun awp >:p

I heard that in 1.6 there will be flying cars and sniper nests in the clouds. Also, the AWM has been replaced with a BB gun, and the glock has a carbine attachment that allows you to shoot grenades. Also, instead of the riot shield, CT's can now get protective plastic bubbles so the T's can't give them SARS. I don't know about you all, but I can't wait.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TastyWheat @ June 18 2003,10:41)]I heard that in 1.6 there will be flying cars and sniper nests in the clouds.  Also, the AWM has been replaced with a BB gun, and the glock has a carbine attachment that allows you to shoot grenades.  Also, instead of the riot shield, CT's can now get protective plastic bubbles so the T's can't give them SARS.  I don't know about you all, but I can't wait.
dont forget about the knife being replaces with an extending pole that can grow up to 10ft and 20ft when it touches water and l337 crew has been replaces with nub dude

Back