• Elementalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warrior

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Ranger

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Kidan

Building a monk, trying to decide what second profession I want...what's everyone's ideas on it?

i really like my monk/ranger cuz of my pet and im more of a healing monk so the pet blocking enemys helps

I guess its to each his own......I originally had ranger as my secondary. The pet takes up two skill slots. I wish I had 10 for my Monk instead of 8 so I couldn't give up those two slots.

The pet was great until I got to the desert. From that point on the pet became more of a liability than an asset.

I switched to Necro secondary (and let my UW spider go free) because of two elites available for Necros. Well of Power and Offering of Blood. I have dabbled with both and occasionally use one or the other depending on the situation I will be in.

For a healing Monk the elite Word of Healing is the best spell in the inventory in my opinion. If I could only equip more than one elite........aahhh.

If you plan to be a smite monk or a 55 monk or a protect monk I cannot offer advice.

How did you "switch?" Did you start a new character?

Anyway...

If you wanna be able to soak up damage, try warrior
If you wanna dish out the damage, try elementalist (which I LOVE)
If you wanna have a pet, set traps, and be unappreciated for the most part, try ranger
If you wanna raise the dead, curse your foes, etc., try necromancer
If you wanna make life miserable for your enemy, try mesmer

Just a simple sort-of guide-line

Switching secondary professions is possible after ascending. There are ghosts in the different desert outposts which offer quests available only after ascension. Once you have completed their quest, you can switch your secondary to that ghost's profession.

I've decided to go with the Necro.

I had ran out of quests in Pre-Sear, and have routinely cleaned out every area save North of the Wall (which is my next step). So I was getting ready to go to post sear (after clearing North of the Wall of course and hopefully finding a black dye or two... :) ). It would be nice if they had made Piken's Square a shared area so you had a map point for north of the wall. Likewise, I'm hoping for Elisha to be Level 10 or 11 when I go to post-sear (currently lvl 8), though that will deny me the ability to fight in Ascalon's Arenas....decisions, decisions....

not necro!.....mesmer is pretty good!especially with a primary of ranger or monk....mesmers slow down the opponent, drains life, and just kicks butt...they are kinda like a mindfreak!

MaLaki - the only problem there is that my main goal is to be a healer. 90% of my attribute points are going to healing. Even if I had mesmer, most of their skills I would not use. I chose necro mainly for the elite Well skills which will increase my energy so I can keep my charges alive just that much longer....

This combo might be useful to you:

Draw Conditions to take any conditions from an ally + Infuse Conditions to dump them on a minion.

But you'd want your attribute points in Blood Magic rather than Death Magic since you're going for the well thing.

Back