Design for Discipleship: Your Life in Christ

Genesis1315

Ladies
This thread is dedicated to the Bible Study based on the first book in the Design for Discipleship series, Your Life in Christ. Scripture readings will be posted here as well as allowing for questions or comments on the Bible Study.

Listed below, please find the schedule for the first book. Although there are only 4 lessons in the first book, we may need an extra night.

July 11
July 25
August 8
August 22
September 5

I hope to see many people there. I will publish the location of the Bible Study closer to the date.

Gen

Study 1 - God Cares for You

Here are the Bible passages for the first study. I know there are a lot, but it will be explained in the study. I have taken the passages below from the Homan Christian Standard Bible. Given the number of references, I thought it would be best. There are also some memory verses with this study. I will post them after our Bible Study. GFC has authorized the use of their TS server. I know CGA has one, but I do not want to conflict with other events that may be going on that night. The GFC server information is:

GFC Teamspeak
ts.godsfrozenchosen.com:14536

Genesis1:1-5
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and He called the darkness "night." Evening came, and then morning: the first day.

Hebrews 11:3
By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen has been made from things that are not visible.

Revelation 4:11
11 Our Lord and God, You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because You have created all things, and because of Your will they exist and were created.

Isaiah 43:7
everyone called by My name
and created for My glory.
I have formed him; indeed, I have made him."

Genesis 1:26-28
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the animals, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth." 27 So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female. 28 God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every creature that crawls on the earth."

Psalm 139: 1-6
1 Lord, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know when I sit down and when I stand up; You understand my thoughts from far away. 3 You observe my travels and my rest; You are aware of all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue, You know all about it, Lord. 5 You have encircled me; You have placed Your hand on me. 6 [This] extraordinary knowledge is beyond me. It is lofty; I am unable to [reach] it.

Psalm 139: 23-24
23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.

Matthew 10:29-31
29 Aren't two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's consent. 30 But even the hairs of your head have all been counted. 31 Don't be afraid therefore; you are worth more than many sparrows.

1 John 4:9-10
9 God's love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

John 10:9-16
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. 10 A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance. 11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired man, since he's not the shepherd and doesn't own the sheep, leaves them and runs away when he sees a wolf coming. The wolf then snatches and scatters them. 13 This happens because he is a hired man and doesn't care about the sheep. 14 "I am the good shepherd. I know My own sheep, and they know Me, 15 as the Father knows Me, and I know the Father. I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 But I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock, one shepherd.

Matthew 6:9
Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.

John 8:42-44
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, because I came from God and I am here. For I didn't come on My own, but He sent Me. 43 Why don't you understand what I say? Because you cannot listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.

John 1:12-13
12 But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 8: 15-17
15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, " Abba , Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God's children, 17 and if children, also heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ--seeing that we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Last edited:
For tonight

*HCS edit*
the unregistered password is GfCCgABiBlE30
This is case sensitive and is only good for tonight

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME study, we really enjoyed it a lot...we are looking forward to the next study. I'm really getting into this stuff and His word...I love it!

The study was fantastic. :D Thanks to everyone who attended, and special thanks to Genesis for leading the study.

Thanks to everyone who attended. I appreciate the support of everyone who attended this study. I am looking forward to continuing this series.

Memory Verses and Unresolved Question

Hi All

Here are the memory verses

JOHN 5:24
"I assure you: Anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment, but has passed from death to life.

1 JOHN 5:11-12
11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 The one who has the Son has life. The one who doesn't have the Son of God does not have life.

REVELATION 3:20
Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me.

and unresolved question:
Is it true that God is everyone's Father? Why or Why not?
ref: John 8:42-44

Gen

As for the unresolved question:
Is it true that God is everyone's Father? Why or Why not?
ref: John 8:42-44..

Jesus said it quite plain and clear that they "are of thier father the devil" in the scripture you so graciouly posted..

There is Only One True Son of God.. And that is Jesus!
Anyone who does not recieve the Life of Christ as thier own has no Life..

He who has the Son has Life, just as you quoted in your earlier scripture in 1 John:5-12

To recieve the Life of Jesus as your own is a gift from God.. It requires Faith, which is from God..And a calling, which is also from God.

The Holy Spirit calls out to the unrepentant thier need of the Saviour, and it is thier choice to submit or not.. Either way..God does this once, twice, three times with man, to turn him away from hell! God be blest! For He has shown Himself Merciful! The whole world lies forgiven, and God now confronts them personally! He witness's powerfully of the fallen nature of man, the risen nature of the Lord Jesus, and the Judgement that will soon come! When the Lord Jesus comes down in Glory everyone that is not of Him will burn for eternity! Seeing for themselves the Lord of Glory they will shrink back and hiss! For there is a price to pay for sin..

Praise God He paid it for those who are His!

Pst
There's only one real sin... It is denying the Lord of Glory His Rightful place in our hearts! He died for us! He Loves us, each one of us with an everlasting Love! And to deny this Love is to deny the very God who created you!

Genesis1315 said:
So the question that came up during the Bible Study was....If God created us, how can He not be our Father?

Gen

There are two tree's in the Garden of Eden.. The tree of knowledge of good and evil is one, and the tree of Life is the other..

Man only ate from the tree of knowledge of good & evil.. God kicked em outta the Garden before they had a chance to eat from the Tree of Life..

Ergo, we are ALL born into this world Lifeless.. Like a stillborn babe.. Not knowing what true Life is because we've never tasted of it..

To continue on this line of reasoning..
Every Son has the life-blood of his father..

Wen we are born into this world we are adopted of world, and have all things in common with those who are of the world.. We hear the world and the world loves us because we are of the world..

Antithesis..

Wen we are born again we are adopted of God, and have all things in common with God and with those who are of God.. We hear God and God Loves us because we are from God..

A footnote:
Jesus said "I AM the Life"
Ergo, Jesus IS the tree of Life

PsT
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

???????

Is the next bible study tomorrow night? 7/25/06?

If that is correct where is it going to take place? what time?

Are there any verses or anything we need to have reviewed?

Sorry to be behind. This is VBS week at my church and I have been cutting out more fish than any one person really should. Yes, Bible Study is tomorrow night, 9:15pm, on
GFC Teamspeak
ts.godsfrozenchosen.com:14536

HCS will post the password here.

The Bible verses are listed below. I am going to divide the next chapter into two sessions to make sure we have enough time to discuss everything. If possible, please read throught the Bible verses before tomorrow night (it should not take too long). I am also going to post a prophecy vs. fulfillment document tomorrow. It will be interesting to see Jesus' fulfillment of Prophecy.

Here are the verses.

Hebrews 1
1 Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways. 2 In these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe. 3 He is the radiance of His glory, the exact expression of His nature, and He sustains all things by His powerful word. After making purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

4 So He became higher in rank than the angels, just as the name He inherited is superior to theirs. 5 For to which of the angels did He ever say, You are My Son; today I have become Your Father, or again, I will be His Father, and He will be My Son ? 6 When He again brings His firstborn into the world, He says, And all God's angels must worship Him. 7 And about the angels He says: He makes His angels winds, and His servants a fiery flame; 8 but about the Son: Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of justice. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; this is why God, Your God, has anointed You, rather than Your companions, with the oil of joy. 10 And: In the beginning, Lord, You established the earth, and the heavens are the works of Your hands; 11 they will perish, but You remain. They will all wear out like clothing; 12 You will roll them up like a cloak, and they will be changed like a robe. But You are the same, and Your years will never end. 13 Now to which of the angels has He ever said: Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool ? 14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve those who are going to inherit salvation?

Matthew 8
1 When He came down from the mountain, large crowds followed Him. 2 Right away a man with leprosy came up and knelt before Him, saying, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." 3 And reaching out His hand He touched him, saying, "I am willing; be made clean." Immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 4 Then Jesus told him, "See that you don't tell anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses prescribed, as a testimony to them."

5 When He entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, 6 "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible agony!" 7 "I will come and heal him," He told him. 8 "Lord," the centurion replied, "I am not worthy to have You come under my roof. But only say the word, and my servant will be cured. 9 For I too am a man under authority, having soldiers under my command. I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes; and to another, 'Come!' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it." 10 Hearing this, Jesus was amazed and said to those following Him, "I assure you: I have not found anyone in Israel with so great a faith! 11 I tell you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 13 Then Jesus told the centurion, "Go. As you have believed, let it be done for you." And his servant was cured that very moment.

14 When Jesus went into Peter's house, He saw his mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. 15 So He touched her hand, and the fever left her. Then she got up and began to serve Him. 16 When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. He drove out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick, 17 so that what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: He Himself took our weaknesses and carried our diseases.

18 When Jesus saw large crowds around Him, He gave the order to go to the other side of the sea. 19 A scribe approached Him and said, "Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go!" 20 Jesus told him, "Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head." 21 "Lord," another of His disciples said, "first let me go bury my father." 22 But Jesus told him, "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

23 As He got into the boat, His disciples followed Him. 24 Suddenly, a violent storm arose on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves. But He was sleeping. 25 So the disciples came and woke Him up, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to die!" 26 But He said to them, "Why are you fearful, you of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea. And there was a great calm. 27 The men were amazed and said, "What kind of man is this?--even the winds and the sea obey Him!"

28 When He had come to the other side, to the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men met Him as they came out of the tombs. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 Suddenly they shouted, "What do You have to do with us, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?" 30 Now a long way off from them, a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 "If You drive us out," the demons begged Him, "send us into the herd of pigs." 32 "Go!" He told them. So when they had come out, they entered the pigs. And suddenly the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the water. 33 Then the men who tended them fled, went into the city, and reported everything--especially what had happened to those who were demon-possessed. 34 At that, the whole town went out to meet Jesus. When they saw Him, they begged Him to leave their region.

John 11:33-44
3 When Jesus saw her crying, and the Jews who had come with her crying, He was angry in His spirit and deeply moved. 34 "Where have you put him?" He asked. "Lord," they told Him, "come and see." 35 Jesus wept. 36 So the Jews said, "See how He loved him!" 37 But some of them said, "Couldn't He who opened the blind man's eyes also have kept this man from dying?" 38 Then Jesus, angry in Himself again, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone was lying against it. 39 "Remove the stone," Jesus said. Martha, the dead man's sister, told Him, "Lord, he already stinks. It's been four days." 40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" 41 So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes and said, "Father, I thank You that You heard Me. 42 I know that You always hear Me, but because of the crowd standing here I said this, so they may believe You sent Me." 43 After He said this, He shouted with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" 44 The dead man came out bound hand and foot with linen strips and with his face wrapped in a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Loose him and let him go."

Matthew 16:13-16
3 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 14 And they said, "Some say John the Baptist; others, Elijah; still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 "But you," He asked them, "who do you say that I am?" 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God!"

I'm sorry that I missed guys. I had a lot of stuff to get done. I will try to attend as soon as I can. I don't know if we will make it home in time for the next one or not. :)

i got the first book in the series and know where i can get all the way through book 7 --- which i will probably get this weekend;)

Back