Design for Discipleship: Your Life in Christ

Every Tuesday night from now until the end of this book, we will meet on TS. As of right now, it is the GFC TS Server. I will post the Bible passages for the next study by Saturday which will give us time to review it prior to the study.

Gen

The Next Bible Study - Chapter 2 part 2

Our next Bible Study will be Tuesday, August 1 at 9:15pm Eastern Time. We will meet on the GFC TS Server. The address and password have previously been posted.

Here are the Bible passages for the study

John 4:6
Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour.

John 4:7
When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?"

John 11:35
Jesus wept.

Matthew 4:1-11
1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. 2 And after He had fasted 40 days and 40 nights, He was hungry. 3 Then the tempter approached Him and said, "If You are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." 4 But He answered, "It is written: Man must not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." 5 Then the Devil took Him to the holy city, had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: He will give His angels orders concerning you, and, they will support you with their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. " 7 Jesus told him, "It is also written: You must not tempt the Lord your God." 8 Again, the Devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 And he said to Him, "I will give You all these things if You will fall down and worship me." 10 Then Jesus told him, "Go away, Satan! For it is written: You must worship the Lord your God, and you must serve Him only." 11 Then the Devil left Him, and immediately angels came and began to serve Him.

Deuteronomy 6:13
13 Fear the Lord your God, worship Him, and take [your] oaths in His name.
Deuteronomy 6:16
16 Do not test the Lord your God as you tested [Him] at Massah.
Deuteronomy 8:3 (verse 2 added for clarity)
2 Remember that the Lord your God led you on the entire journey these 40 years in the wilderness, so that He might humble you and test you to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep His commands. 3 He humbled you by letting you go hungry; then He gave you manna to eat, which you and your fathers had not known, so that you might learn that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Hebrews 2:10-18
10 For it was fitting, in bringing many sons to glory, that He, for whom and through whom all things exist, should make the source of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For the One who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one Father. That is why He is not ashamed to call them brothers, 12 saying: I will proclaim Your name to My brothers; I will sing hymns to You in the congregation. 13 Again, I will trust in Him. And again, Here I am with the children God gave Me.

14 Now since the children have flesh and blood in common, He also shared in these, so that through His death He might destroy the one holding the power of death--that is, the Devil-- 15 and free those who were held in slavery all their lives by the fear of death. 16 For it is clear that He does not reach out to help angels, but to help Abraham's offspring. 17 Therefore He had to be like His brothers in every way, so that He could become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For since He Himself was tested and has suffered, He is able to help those who are tested.

Chapter 2 part 2 was postpone until this week. Bible verses have already been posted. Everything is the same, except change the date to 8/8/06.

Gen

I just wanted to post and explain my absence from the studies over the next few weeks.

The church that my wife and I attend holds small groups on Tuesday nights, so I'll be at a home Bible study while you all are meeting together on TeamSpeak. It's a bummer that my schedule doesn't allow me to participate, but I'll still try to promote the studies and do what I can to bring in new participants.

Mom is okay. More importantly (at least tonight) Mom's computer is okay. I had an emergency tech-support run to make.

I will be here next week and we will continue with the study. Sorry you can't make it Tek, but I am glad you have a church home group.

Gen

I will be here next week and we will continue with the study. Sorry you can't make it Tek, but I am glad you have a church home group.
Thanks. :)

Is there any chance that the studies will be recorded and available for download? I understand it's a discussion session, so some people may not feel comfortable with being recorded.

I only ask because I'd be interested in hearing some of the discussions.

Yes, they have been recorded and will be continue to do so. I need to ask HCS to do some editing, but he will send them to SirThom to be published on the website.

Gen

After much thought and prayer, I think we should move the Bible Study to every other week. I want to reach more people and since this is relatively new, perhaps a weekly commitment is a bit much right now. We will resume next Tuesday and then every other Tuesday thereafter. While I would love to do this weekly, I just don't think the Bible Study is quite there yet.

Gen

The Life of Christ

Matthew 1:21
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Luke 1:31-33
1:31
31 You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

Luke 2:52
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Matthew 4:23
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

Mark 3:14
He appointed twelve--designating them apostles--that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach

Luke 22:25-27
25 Jesus said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. 26 But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves. 27 For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.

We are going to cover chapter 3 in three sessions. It covers the Life, the death and resurection of Christ. These are three very important part of our faith and I want to be sure that we do not rush through them.

Gen

We will be meeting on the CGA TS server, details will be posted shortly

The death of Jesus Christ

Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 27:35
When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Matthew 27:38
Two robbers were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left.

John 10:17-18
The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

Hebrews 10:12-14
But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Back