Diablo III

It used to be that you had to authenticate with every single login. Which could be a pain. So recently (6 months ago?) Blizzard added new tech such that if you repeatedly logged in from the same IP address, and authenticated, that you wouldn't have to re-authenticate every time.

You can still toggle an option within b.net to authenticate every time for that extra layer of security ... but it's a security vs. convenience tradeoff.

Hardly.

But I just find account hacking to be heartbreaking.

If my WoW account were ever hacked, I'd be so overwrought I'd have to quit gaming for a year. I'm pretty sure it'd be less emotionally damaging to me if my car were stolen. So I just hate to see it happen to other people, especially if it's just lack of awareness of countermeasures that allows it to happen.

I still have that authenticator you gave me.

... if someone wants it I [shall find it first and] pass it along.

There is currently some concern that the hacks are coming even with the authentication as they are spoofing the IP addresses. I am not sure about all this but its apparently an issue that Blizzard has been notified of, as per a post I read someplace.

Still no word from Blizzard Support on this and it has been 4 days. Looks like they are probably pretty busy. It also is looking more and more likely that stolen sessions are to blame and that no combination of secure passwords and authentication applications would help out... resuming an existing session gets them in the door AFTER the legitimate player has gotten through all the authentication. To not make the situation worse, companies typically keep mum on the existence of such exploits until after they get it fixed.

Still no word from Blizzard Support on this and it has been 4 days. Looks like they are probably pretty busy. It also is looking more and more likely that stolen sessions are to blame and that no combination of secure passwords and authentication applications would help out... resuming an existing session gets them in the door AFTER the legitimate player has gotten through all the authentication. To not make the situation worse, companies typically keep mum on the existence of such exploits until after they get it fixed.

They did respond on the Security Concerns. Now I agree with you they are not likely to confirm that kind of exploit to prevent more abuse, so I personally would still be careful.

Finally got a response today saying they rolled my account back, but when I tried logging in, all my stuff is still gone. Hopefully a reopened ticket doesn't take an entire week for them to get around to addressing again. :/

Danny, I hope you changed your password? I saw you come online, um, maybe two days ago, and I said 'hi', but then you just went offline again.

Yes, Bowser, that was really me checking if they had rolled it back. I actually did respond to you, but you might have missed it.

No, I didn't go create a new hero or anything during that time. The message from Blizzard support said that the entire game account would be rolled back and any heros created after the restore point they roll back to would be gone. The week and a half of no Diablo kind of got me off the kick. Been playing LoL. By the time they get me rolled back I'll probably be on my week long vacation away from the PC... sigh

Last 2 times I played D3 I lagged allot.

Since I have played the game without lag I cant help but think that this is server issues. I have been a bit annoyed by this.

It is a server issue (or at least it's not a client issue), but it's noticeably gotten a lot better.

So I discovered that while Diablo 3 is obviously "Clicking Simulator 2012" in disguise, it has a mini game in it, namely, "Cleave Simulator 2012", also known as the Barbarian class.

Hey guys.. I joined just a while ago, but now I'm confused, cuz when I joined, I thought this was an online Christian gamers "Alliance" now when I see that you guys support Diablo game I'm really getting confused... So for the decision of staying or moving onto another board.. Would someone please be so kind in telling me if there are non-christians as well, and thats why this game is supported.. or Just only cuz is a game.. but hello is coming directly from hell lol.. don't know why you guys support this type of game.. which directly declares and states that you deal with forces of such darkness..

Someone please be so kind to explain this to me.

Best Regards for the information

Paragon System

A new system, is this Blizzard's end game solution for Diablo 3? Seems so...

Blizzard said:
Introducing the Paragon System

The new Paragon system coming in patch 1.0.4 is designed to address Magic Find gear-swapping while providing players who’ve reached level 60 with an extended progression system.
Here’s how it works:

After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
There are 100 Paragon levels
Every Paragon level will reward you with:

Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown

Read the whole thing: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5691269/Introducing_the_Paragon_System-20_08_201

Hey guys.. I joined just a while ago, but now I'm confused, cuz when I joined, I thought this was an online Christian gamers "Alliance" now when I see that you guys support Diablo game I'm really getting confused... So for the decision of staying or moving onto another board.. Would someone please be so kind in telling me if there are non-christians as well, and thats why this game is supported.. or Just only cuz is a game.. but hello is coming directly from hell lol.. don't know why you guys support this type of game.. which directly declares and states that you deal with forces of such darkness..

Someone please be so kind to explain this to me.

Best Regards for the information

Bump for approved post.

Back