Dismayed and Disappointed :(

Abea

Tribe of Judah Social Media Manager
Thanks for reading, the point was made, and people heard.

Let's do our best to hold this ship together until the sea calms down a bit.

Do you know what the original Tribe of Judah's fate was? As part of the kingdom of Judah, the tribe of Judah survived the destruction of Israel by the Assyrians, and instead was subjected to the Babylonian captivity; when the captivity ended, the distinction between the tribes were lost in favour of a common identity. Since Simeon and Benjamin had been very much the junior partners in the Kingdom of Judah, it was Judah that gave its name to the identity - that of the Jews.

Judah comes from the Hebrew meaning "thanks, gratitude", "praise."

Ready to make a name for the TOJ Minecraft chapter! Ready to show some Gratitude and Praise!

Last edited:
I support your stance, Abea, and I'm glad you wrote this. I know that servers take a lot of work, even without mods and all the other stuff that is being added-on. Kudos to all of the admins for taking time to do a largely thankless job (but they get full email boxes when something breaks!). I knew I don't have anywhere near the time to meet those demands when the position(s) were publicized.

I will address one point. We have split to Anchor's and the official TOJ server, but in my case that is purely a matter of Minecraft version. I am using the 1.9pre4, so I can't play on the TOJ, and I went to Anchor's map. I read recently that someone had multiple Windows accounts on their computer so they could run a different version of Minecraft (1.8) and maybe I'll do that so I can play with you guys too. Sounds like it may have been buggy with the new server -- but I was very impressed at how Cata addressed all the issues! I'll try to hop on over there soon.

Or I'll just write a little batch file to copy whatever version over that I want to play. That will be easier!

I wasnt trying to spit the server up at all just wanted to provide people that are excited as i am about the new stuff a place to play the prereleases instead of playing single player. soon as the game launches ill be shutting down my server so this wont be a problem. It was always suppose to be a temp server for everyone to try stuff out.

Anchor I know you weren't, as I said, I liked what you were doing. Still do. Just wish people would come back once in a while. I thought I read one of your posts, or someone's post, that said you could copy one file to move back.

Yeah, I'll just make two batch files. One called Play19.bat will contain "copy minecraft19p4.jar minecraft.jar" and one called Play18.bat will contain "copy minecraft181.jar minecraft.jar". Copy the updated minecraft.jar to minecraft19p4.jar, then force a reload to get the 1.81 version back and copy that to minecraft181.jar

Ready to go!
(In theory)

[Edit: Theory works! Of course, you could just keep the 1.9pre4 version, then force reload when you want to go back.]

Last edited:
I keep a folder with a 1.8 jar and a folder with a 1.9 jar and just copy&paste to the .minecraft folder.

It was very nice to see several of the TOJ on tonight. :D Thank you guys!

Back