Do Christians have good times/bad times?

Corpfox

Firstly, I did make an agreement of loging off and etc. However I haven't donated yet, could be cause I'm lazy and impatient, or that I'm waiting from a undetermined answer.

I'l start first:

Good Times: I had a dog named, Spice, she was a Shar-Pei. (The one on the right of the picture)

Though, she was crazy, its was funny to see her fight against a Rottweiler, 4 times her size. To see her huff and puff and do a mean stare at the Rottweiler after we had break them apart.

Bad Times: Me and my mom had to let her go because her diseases were too expensive to cure them. Though, my mom cried about it, I did not. Did not feel pity and sorrow for the death of my dog, because, lets face it, we will die sooner or later.

As for the views of a Christian (well mine when I was one):

Good times: A good hearted Christian, standing for a belief that could stand for generations; "Christians go to Heaven".

Bad times: Just one or more things that goes against the Christian code (or Bible/Sins), would feel regret that you may die and go to Hell. (Or somewhere along those terms)

If you, as Christians (no doubt), do have them, how do you take it? As a personal, or private, or secretive thing.

Corpfox said:
Firstly, I did make an agreement of loging off and etc. However I haven't donated yet, could be cause I'm lazy and impatient, or that I'm waiting from a undetermined answer.

I'l start first:

Good Times: I had a dog named, Spice, she was a Shar-Pei. (The one on the right of the picture)

Though, she was crazy, its was funny to see her fight against a Rottweiler, 4 times her size. To see her huff and puff and do a mean stare at the Rottweiler after we had break them apart.

Bad Times: Me and my mom had to let her go because her diseases were too expensive to cure them. Though, my mom cried about it, I did not. Did not feel pity and sorrow for the death of my dog, because, lets face it, we will die sooner or later.

As for the views of a Christian (well mine when I was one):

Good times: A good hearted Christian, standing for a belief that could stand for generations; "Christians go to Heaven".

Bad times: Just one or more things that goes against the Christian code (or Bible/Sins), would feel regret that you may die and go to Hell. (Or somewhere along those terms)

If you, as Christians (no doubt), do have them, how do you take it? As a personal, or private, or secretive thing.
Sorry, I don't quite understand the question/post. And please, let the whole "logging off" and donating issue go. It has nothing to do with us as a community.

Of course, everyone has hard times. The bible even says so. (Something like "The rain falls on the good and the bad.")

Being a Christian doesn't make your life 100% awesome all the time. But it does give you the strength to withstand the parts that aren't awesome.

For an example:

From a scale of 1 - 10, a will to die is a 1, a will to live is a 10.

Everything that happens in life, it changes that scale.

I'm a 5, just between the scale. I do something bad like make a weird post/thread, and feel bad about it, my scale would go down to a 3.

I do something good like... well, something good, my scale would go up to a 7.

However, the fact is, only Christians can go to Heaven (So I've told a thousand times!).

How is it, you deal in deep or tough suitations, but still keep your status as a Christian intact?

Like me for example, I cracked when I was a partial-Christian. (It means I was and I wasn't)

Or another example is, in CS/CS:S, I went to other Christian servers/clan, I got angry when I got banned from all of them. :mad:

What makes you so different than the ones I got banned from? OR What makes me so different that you've kept me here for so long?

Last edited:
The older I get, and the wiser I get, the more I realize how much of a sinner I am. Its very depressing. I don't even fully know how much of a sinner I am, I have to discover it. Moments of enlightenmet can be my lows.

The good news is that Jesus Christ already fully knows how bad I am, and still died for me. He continually calls me back and all I can claim is grace. Grace is my high times. If theres nothing I can claim in this world, there will always be grace, and because of that, life is rich.

at ur scale, except from the start of last august i would have put myself at a 3. im a hard core christian as i ever was but i never thought of death as something all that bad, and i wasnt doing much while alive so nothing really had much point. now was i happy during that time? id say i was pretty decently happy, i mean i got state in a compitition and went to nationals 3000mile drive and got 14th, and hung out with friends etc. but now im somewhere around a 10 becuase of recent events, EVEN THOUGH my parents are having mass arguements and mom just moved into a seperate bed room, im still decently happy overall. my mom doesnt understand the concept of the glass half full, but i do ^_^

I wish I had that concept

I can be moody, when my sister is really on my nerves and then I get in trouble cuz I have an "attitude" and THEN...

etc. etc. etc...

I can be pessimistic, like.. when I am on the brink of either horrible failure or incredible success lots of times I think "oh boy, I'm not gonna get it AGAIN"

I have happy days, and my good days to bad days ratio is probably 3:2

unless school is out (summer vacation) then my good to bad day ratio is like...
1,000:.07

Like me for example, I cracked when I was a partial-Christian. (It means I was and I wasn't)

You can't be a half-way Christian, its one or the other

Corpfox said:
For an example:

From a scale of 1 - 10, a will to die is a 1, a will to live is a 10.

Everything that happens in life, it changes that scale.

I'm a 5, just between the scale. I do something bad like make a weird post/thread, and feel bad about it, my scale would go down to a 3.

I do something good like... well, something good, my scale would go up to a 7.

However, the fact is, only Christians can go to Heaven (So I've told a thousand times!).

How is it, you deal in deep or tough suitations, but still keep your status as a Christian intact?

Or another example is, in CS/CS:S, I went to other Christian servers/clan, I got angry when I got banned from all of them. :mad:

What makes you so different than the ones I got banned from? OR What makes me so different that you've kept me here for so long?

Well, maybe I'm wrong here, but if you want my advice, it sounds to me like you need to stop living on your emotions and think about why you do things. There are times when I'm angry or sad that I would really like to do things that aren't very Christian-like, but I don't because I don't let my anger control me. Every action has consequences that follow it and negative actions (the kind we want to do when we're angry) only create negative consenquences. It's sort of a vicious cycle-- anger makes us do dumb things, and the consequences of the dumb things make us angry. So you've got to make a conscious choice to simply do what you know is right, instead of what you'd like to do sometimes when you're angry.

You can't be a half-way Christian, its one or the other

This is how it was (in a nut-shell):

1st Christian Clan: I wasn't a Christian, though, they were willing to accept me and help me about Christianity since I never knew Christians existed or what are Christians.

2nd Christian Clan: Lucky, the 1st clan was allied to the 2nd. I was, I wasn't, I was, then I wasn't a Christian...again... (About 3 months apart each "was/wasnt")

3rd Christian Clan: Since the 2nd clan were allied, they knew me. Though, that didn't last either since they were into Diablo 2/LoD and I was into Starcraft/BW.

4th Christian Clan (and last): When I joined ToJ, I was a Christian, though, like others (I think), I had problems; swearing/cussing, getting warned, making threats, etc. I had to leave since I was too dangerous to ToJ/ToJ'ers as a Christian (BTW, ToJ was allied to the 2nd and 3rd clan :eek: ). On the record, I wasn't a Christian for the last few months before I quited.

Throughout those years (Yes, years!), I've gotten to understand whats your purpose, who are you, what you do, etc. However, since I haven't been good as a Christian, that's why as a Non-Christian, I'm not so bad either.

In a way, I can't be a Christian cause of my emotional; anger problems, and when I'm a Non-Christian, I'm so-so. So, if I were to die, I would be happy.

Kraniac, your post/quote is very true, I agree with that, however,
the OTHER Christian clans were very mad at me that they banned me for it.
Because I killed them and they swore at me for not dying, shesh. (In Counter-Strike/CS:Source)

I don't swear when the rules boldly say, No swearing, and yet, they swore at me. I would swear if you got me angry or/and annoyed.

It really makes me more supicious that they were Christians, and they swore at ME! Unbelievable! I really though that Christians don't swear, or at least have control over their anger, good thing all of you did.
Because if you didn't control your anger, I would of caught you on a demo;condump and report to the admins.

For the record, that was a couple months ago, when I had no job and was playing CS/SC almost 24/7.

Like when I caught ToJ imposters, it was fun to had them recorded on a demo for almost 3 hours. :D
Though, of course, the admin banned them for it, so in a sense, it was his hard work of reviewing my long demo and seeing if they should be banned.

Last edited:
...since I haven't been good as a Christian...

It really makes me more supicious that they were Christians, and they swore at ME! Unbelievable! I really though that Christians don't swear, or at least have control over their anger
You have the wrong idea. You will never find a good Christian no matter how long you look, no matter how hard. There is no such thing as a good Christain. (People can be good at bieng a Christain, but thats now what I'm saying)
Jesus bluntly says in Mat 19:17 there is only one who is good. People are Christains solely because they are not good.

I was, I wasn't, I was, then I wasn't a Christian...again...
How did you become a Christian? And after you were a Christain, how on earth did you un-become a Christain? Its not some club...

How did you become a Christian? And after you were a Christain, how on earth did you un-become a Christain? Its not some club...

Praying to God, asking for forgiveness and asking God to pray among others almost every day, that made me a Christian. And yes, the principal rules as well; accept jesus as your savior, that he died to forgive your sins, that he rose from the dead on those days, etc.

Everytime I missed or didn't pray to god, that would lose my Christianity; hence, a Non-Christian.

I haven't prayed to God for a while, and I don't plan to.

I am who I am, I know what I have to do to become a Christian. I know there is one God, that Jesus saved your lives and that you've accepted him as your savior.

But what makes me so darn special to be here!?

Maybe cause I've been around with Christians for over 6 years! (1999-2006...and counting)
Maybe cause I'm the only Non-Christian that still plays and hangs around with you people!
Maybe cause I was Non-Christian, then became Christian, then back down as an Atheist!

I've been to a church, went to a Christian club during high school, gone to a camp where most of the people were Christians, got help from Christians to answer my questions about Christianity, met with over 2,000 Christians, played with over 1,000 Christian gamers, talked to about 50-100 of them. I've talked to people aging younger than 15 to older than 60.

I've truly met Leaders that were or were not as I'd hoped they would be.
Rshscks; used to be the Leader of Knights of Honor. A good Starcraft player, though last we talked, he was playing with an old friend on Tribes.

SirNukes; used to be Leader of Faithful Knights of Christ. Decent Starcraft player, but very good in Diablo 2/LoD. Last I saw him was when the Forums of FKoC had to go and most of the members left.

CGamer; used to be Christian Gamers leader, he still has his own CG site, which I never knew about later. A real extreme Diablo 2/LoD gamer.

Tek7; ToJ leader & "President" for many years. Back those years, he wasn't busy and would sometimes be playing Starcraft with a couple of people. Last game I played him was a fun, Free For All (FFA) 8 player game in Starcraft. Though I think I lost from Carrier Rush/Dragoon Drop.

Hey, Master~Plan, you remember Colonel-VVolf right? Or how about Know~Jesus! Ever play with them on Starcraft? See how "Old School" I can go back!

Hey ToJ'ers, you remember Psyduck? Or how about Amorphous? Anyone remember them back those years!

Those were the best and worse times of my life! The best was to of played and talked with Christians gamers. The worse was when they had to leave when the clan/guild died. That truly is a shame.

Last edited:
I wasnt going to chime in on this discussion since its not in the right section of forums. (this should be in RD) However I thought I would point out to you Corpfox that you have contradicted yourself in your above post. Let me show you.

I am who I am, I know what I have to do to become a Christian. I know there is one God, that Jesus saved your lives and that you've accepted him as your savior.

And the contradiction

Maybe cause I was Non-Christian, then became Christian, then back down as an Atheist!

Either you do or you dont believe in God. From what Ive read, you do believe, and are just living in open rebellion to God. Why you have chosen to live this way, only you really know that for sure. But living this way and thinking you are gonna prove something to somebody or something, you are only kidding yourself. Why not just let go and let God? Life is tough there is no doubt about that. I almost lost my first child before she was born, but I prayed and prayed hard, and God saw us through the situation. When we came through the storm, we were stronger christians because we both knew God sustained us and kept our baby alive through the whole ordeal. Had we have lost the baby, we would have had to deal with that, but when you let God be in control, you know he only has your best intrests in mind. You may not feel that the situation is good for you or going the way you want, but God is God, and He does know what is best for you. You are playing a dangerous game when you flirt with your eternity. This life is but a vapor and you never know when your time will come to move on to the other side. Why risk it?

You're probably still here because you don't insult people or anything like various unmentioned people on Christ Centered Game Reviews who called me and others "vile, putrid, petty hypocrites" and "fools" and other things... so as long as you don't go doing that you should be good :D

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10: 28,29

Once we have given our lives to God by accepting Jesus Christ as our Saviour, even we ourselves cannot take our lives out of God's hand. He is faithful and true and will keep that which we have committed to Him. We are saved strictly on the merits of His grace, not one iota of what we may or may not do. There is simply no way to fall from grace once you have been bought with Jesus Precious Redeeming Blood.

Corpfox said:
Tek7; ToJ leader & "President" for many years. Back those years, he wasn't busy and would sometimes be playing Starcraft with a couple of people. Last game I played him was a fun, Free For All (FFA) 8 player game in Starcraft. Though I think I lost from Carrier Rush/Dragoon Drop.
Oh, I was busy, even back then. Tribe of Judah wasn't nearly as large, but I was fielding most of the duties involved in ToJ's development: recruiting members, appointing staff members, developing the ToJ web site, playing games with members, and corresponding with other clans. I've delegated many responsibilities to other members, but my real life is much more full than it was then. In the last six years, I went back to college, graduated from community college, searched for a job in the IT industry, worked full-time jobs, married my wonderful wife, and attempted to develop some semblance of a writing discipline.

But this thread isn't about me.

The question Corpfox asked: Do Christians have good times/bad times?

The short answer: Yes.

The long answer: If you listen to the popular teaching of Western Christianity, you will hear teachers teach that life will go well and be happy if you choose to serve God; however, the Bible tells a different story.

Moses spent 40 years in the wilderness with millions of ungrateful, cantankerous people. Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers and later imprisoned. Elijah struggled with suicidal tendencies. Gideon struggled with fear. John the Baptist was imprisoned and later beheaded. Jesus' disciples (excluding Judas), with the exception of John, were martyred. Peter was crucified upside down.

What do all those listed above have in common? They served the Lord. Serving the Lord does not guarantee comfort. If you dedicate your life to the Lord, you can be assured that you will suffer, that others will hate you, and that you will be misunderstood. It is not a question of "if" but "when."

I believe that people do not fear suffering itself, but rather suffering without purpose. Christianity is not an escape from suffering, but rather gives the highest purpose possible to the suffering inherent in life. One should not "sign up" for Christianity because he or she wants the best job, the most beautiful or handsome spouse, or even inner peace. One's service for the Lord should be inspired by love. Still, the Lord does not wait to call a person until they are perfect; He instead called us while we were sinful, prideful, and seeking our own glory. He works with and through flawed people every day, but that work should not be construed as a mark of "arrival" or perfection. Paul describes the Christian life as a marathon, not a sprint. We should be striving every day to shed the sin that "so easily ensnares" and seek the Lord.

As for why Corpfox is still around, I believe there are a number of reasons. First, this community is, for the most part, friendly and welcoming. There are plenty of elitist and hostile gaming communities. Even those who do not share our faith have visited and remarked that they enjoyed the friendly and inviting atmosphere of Christian game servers.

Secondly, Corpfox, I believe you are seeking answers for the difficult questions facing all people. There have been times where you have violated the rules, but you've often posed genuine and urgent questions. I have seen enough people who are earnestly seeking revelation of the divine turned away because of Christians who say, "You must do it exactly this way or you are not a Christian." I do not believe God is nearly as impatient or narrow-minded as those Christians. Is Christ the only way to heaven? Certainly. Is Scripture true? Yes, definitely. Is Jesus Christ the Son of God? Yes. Compared to these questions, the matter of baptizing by immersion or sprinkling is of little consequence.

I will also take this opportunity to speak to the Christians reading this post: Do not be so quick to assume the state of someone's heart. Many Christians share testimonies where one patient Christian spent time with, got to know, and genuinely cared about them when they were using drugs, using sex as a drug, and refusing to attend church. Even though these people were destroying themselves, the love shown by one person resonated with something inherent in all people and opened their ears to the Gospel. Other Christians assumed that they were openly mocking God by their lifestyle, all the while they were inwardly crying out for direction and purpose.

Western Christianity has a nasty tendency toward a "us-them" mentality that creates such a chasm between Christians and non-Christians that the church sabotages its own efforts to evangelize. The church is quick to give food and supplies to the lower classes and teaching and entertainment to the middle and upper classes. The church, for the most part, is slow to lend an open ear and a loving heart to intellectuals and artists.

Offtopic: The Western church's narrow approach could not be carried over to other cultures, but certainly the Lord wishes to develop a relationship with all people; therefore, there must be multiple ways to present or "dress up" the same truth. (This may help explain Christianity has been met with such resistance in Asian countries.) The subject of contextualization was a controversial topic in Paul's time and remains a source of controversy today, but I believe we can all agree that Paul's effort to bring the Gospel to other cultures was largely successful.

Make no mistake; God loves a questioning person just as much as any other person. Many of history's most renowned writers, artists, and philosophers have placed their faith in Christ. Contrary to the popular image of Christianity as a religion of mindless sheep, it is a rich faith with a deep history and centers around a God of remarkable wisdom, beauty, patience, grace, and mercy.

I recently wrote in a recent post that I did not want to ban Corpfox. I feel that ostracizing a person who is genuinely seeking truth flies in the face of the Great Commission. While rules must be enforced, one must remember the purpose behind those rules when choosing how to enforce them. Just as the Pharisees got caught up in the letter of the law to the exclusion of the spirit of the law, there remains a danger of elevating the rules above the purpose and mission of a ministry.

I pray that I communicated my heart and my passion through this post. I pray no one misunderstands and believes that I am calling for a lax or lazy Christianity; rather, I am calling for behavior so contrary to human nature that it can only be accomplished by the grace and support of a God who loved people so much that He was willing to suffer terribly to restore His relationship with them.

Last edited:
Back