Do %'s stack?

Shagz

Say I have an item that's 10% to decrease my Death Magic spells casting time by 1/2. Then I get another item with similar attributes. Does that increase the chaces to 20%, or is it 10%, two times?

I don't think it's a direct addition. I think each one gives a separate "roll" for an improved cast time. For example, for a 10% bonus, on 100 casts, you would get the bonus, on average, 10 times. The remaining 90 times, you would get another roll for another 10% resulting in an additional 9 times for a total effective % of 19%. I think I found that explanation on a report of player testing on a game forum.

They kind of stack, but they can also both happen at the same time, so:
10% 10% of 10% is 1%, the time they both occur.
+10%
-------
20% 20%-1%=19%

Two items with 10% chance create a 19% chance.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. I have a wicked off-hand for my minion master Ashna, a grim cesta with +8 nrg and 20% chance on both 1/2ing casting and recharge time on Death magic spells. Later in the game, I guess there's a collector's Bone Staff with similar attributes...

Actually, it just occured to me that I wouldn't be able to use both the bone staff and the cesta at the same time, as the staff is two handed. :( Ah well, nice thought while it lasted...

Bortak's Bone Staff (the item I think you're refering to) is a one-handed weapon. It and Bortak's Bone Cesta make a killer combo.

Bortak's Bone Staff is a two-handed weapon. The one-handed weapon you refer to is Bortak's Bone Claw.

There is a collector Bone Staff available in the desert with +20 recharge and +20 casting speed. That is the weapon I use with my MM. I have modded it with a +5 energy Insightful Staff Head and a +30 health Staff Wrapping. This makes it identical to the Bortak Bone Staff with the exception that the Bortak has +7 armor and mine has +30 health instead.

Bortak items still command top dollar on the market. I saw someone spamming "WTB Bortak's Bone Cesta" last night and he was offering 70k for it. The staff goes for 50-55k. I haven't seen a price lately on the Bone Claw.

Back