Do you have food phases?

Do you have food phases?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No, your just crazy

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Master~Plan

Throughout my life I seem to have certain food phases. My very first one was when I was in kindergarden and I always ate Tuna Noodle Caserole(sp?). This lasted until 1st grade where I discovered applesauce. I ate applesauce with every meal. Then it was corndogs(about 6th grade to Highschool). After that it was gummi candy(about frosh- jr year HS) and my most recent craze is cinnamin flavor(sr yr to present). Ive been buying cinnamin gum cinnamin hard candy, put cinnamin flavor when I drink hot chocolate, w/e.

Lately I feel a new phase comming on. Ive been craving cinnamin less and less and am eating more and more plain cooked meat. I don't mean hotdogs or hamburgers, I mean like meatloaf, or a plain can of tuna, or seasoned steak w/o side dishes, whatever just meat with maybe some seasonings. I'm not on a diet or anything its just what I'm hungry for now.

Does anyone else have food phases or am I just crazy?

Every school day, from kindergarten until 4th grade, my lunch consisted exactly of these components:
  • One can tuna
  • tortilla chips
  • one can apple juice or peach nectar
  • fruit snacks
If it was during passover, I traded my Jewish friend my tortilla chips in exchange for his homemade matzos crackers because I liked them better and he got tired of them. In retrospect, I am not sure that tortilla chips are okay to eat during passover, so it's entirely possible that I was contributing to the religious delinquency of my friend. C'est la vie.

I go through food phases too, but generally this culminates in an urge to eat a lot of a specific condiment or a particular kind of beverage. I have gone through phases for: mustard, ginger ale, Tabasco sauce, A1 sauce, root beer, and rye bread, as well as a few others which I am probably forgetting.

I have Soda phases. The only kind I rarely grow tired of is rootbeer, and even then, I switch up the brands (A&W, Barq's, Mug). I consumed Mountain Dew for so long during Junior High and the early part of High School that I think I burnt myself out on it. I can't stand it now.

As for food, it's kind of hard to tell, because I try and bury it in as much salsa as possible, regardless of what it is.

That's right, even mashed potatoes. It rocks.

food phases = cravings...

I have had many times in my life when I crave things like crazy...right now I seem to be stuck on the cookie dough blizzard with extra cookie dough from Dairy Queen....

kraniac said:
so it's entirely possible that I was contributing to the religious delinquency of my friend
heh thats pretty funny
Meridian said:
I have Soda phases.
my fav soda was sprekers orange creame soda. Ive been off the soda for 3 years now though. Its really not healthy and my running endurance has gone up since I stopped drinking it.
theapoc said:
ah, that goes without saying
Shyfroggy said:
cookie dough blizzard with extra cookie dough from Dairy Queen
Mc D got nothing on ol DQ
cookie dough is my traditional fav, but since brownie batter has sprung up, I think cookie dough might have to take #2

Back