Does Windows cause problems?

Corpfox

The commerical about PC vs Mac is really interesting, especially the part when PC was so fat, lol (actually, 'stuffed').

I went through microsoft website and notice there were a few updates that was not installed from my "auto-update". Windows XP Pro 64 SP2 from Windows Server 2003.

I don't understand why is Server 2003 is part of Pro 64.

Downloaded it and tried it, nothing different.

When I went to play game (any game), it gave me, "the blue screen of death". I never understood why that kept happening when I would play a game, it never happen before the updates.

I looked, and tried everything to get it fixed, nothing works.

Finally, I went to un-install the SP2 and turns out, that was the whole problem.

I never though an update from windows will cause stuff serious problems (as noted from my 'ID errors').

The problem is Microsoft keeps telling me to update to SP2, which does cause problems to my PC.

High-priority updates
This update can have system-wide effects or address more than one problem. It must be installed separately from other updates.
We recommend you install it and then return to our home page to check if your computer needs other high-priority updates.

Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition

Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
Download size: 350.9 MB , less than 1 minute
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. This service pack is available for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Does Windows cause problems? Is Mac more reliable and trouble-free than Windows?

or you can go linux and pay zero. Gaming isn't great on either mac or linux..so if you're going alternative..go with the freebie..:)

Does Windows cause problems?

Yes. I'm not a techy but I think it's because of all the stuff windows does and how poorly it's implemented/coded.

Is Mac more reliable and trouble-free than Windows?

Yes. It helps when you take pride in your OS and aren't afraid to push back release dates to ensure your newest release is the best it can be. In addition, Apple controls all the hardware its software is on and works with.

OSX is a much more professional looking and reliable product, once microsoft's reign comes to a end we would likely see mac near the top, with linux dominating the market (due to lower cost of ownership).

Any OS that needs an entire industry to keep its product secure obviously has issues.

Good ol' windows... I mean, I would say yes widows does have some issues with the software but as was mentioned prior macs have control over not only the software but the hardware as well. So, I would say that if the average pc/laptop was more like that of a mac in terms of having control over/standardizing the hardware as well there would probably have less of an issue. But that's sort of my two cents on the matter for what it's worth.

You can also get Mac OS X, install Windows XP or Vista, then run them simultaneously. =)
I was a few hundred dollars short of actually doing this.

Lets see memory usage on a clean install of windows XP pro 64 megs. Memory usage after loading sp2 immediately after 134 megs. Yes windows is a great program... for making Microsoft money.

Note this is after letting the machine set a couple minutes in each case after startup. I cannot help but wonder if the loss of efficiency may be a deliberate act on Microsoft's part. I.E. lets deliberately, but, subtlety slow their machines down to get them to purchase the next system. This and other things lead me to think the Microsoft mindset is one of creating dependency.

I've never run a non-windows system but there has to be something better out there.

OSX is a much more professional looking and reliable product, once microsoft's reign comes to a end we would likely see mac near the top, with linux dominating the market (due to lower cost of ownership).

Any OS that needs an entire industry to keep its product secure obviously has issues.

Of course, Mac isn't going to thrive on 1200 dollar computers, either.

Stating the same thing as the person above and in a way that sounds contradictory isn't exactly brilliant.

Brilliance is relative, and Mac is still over-priced. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to waiting for my overdue package that didn't come in the mail... *prays for FedEx/UPS*

Windows is over priced, with 600 dollars for their "top of the line" OS. The mac upgrade is only 99 bucks or so OEM. (note no serial number OR registration *cough*).

I get sick of calling up microsoft whenever I have to reinstall their trash. Now they get to say "oh well, you need a new license" whenever you upgrade your computer too much.

Because Apple controls all the hardware that their OS runs on. The way my family switches computers and operating systems around, that just isn't workable.

(We've owned one Macintosh during the time we've been using computers - and it crashed completely after a few days. Never looked back. Now while that may have soured us on Macs, just the underlying philosophy behind them is enough to turn me away.)

Back