Dollhouse

ppar3566

I noticed the new Joss Whedon series Dollhouse and wanted opinions on it (I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to as it has only been released on pay TV here). I own all the Buffy series, Angle, Firefly, and Serenity but have heard mixed reviews on Dollhouse so not sure whether I should buy it on DVD when released.

Is it any good?

It's a really good show. I've seen all of season one.

Downside is there's a lot of sexual content(mostly people sleeping together).

Dollhouse's Metacritic rating: 57. Ouch.

I'd say skip Dollhouse and just pick up Ghost In the Shell: Standalone Complex instead. Less sex, more spider tanks.

Cool thanks guys. It does not immediately appeal to me but I have liked everything else Whedon has done. Don't even know if it will be released here yet but if it does I might pick it up and see what I think.

In passing Ghost in the Shell = snorefest :D

My wife and I have enjoyed it. There are better shows, but it's fun. I personally wouldn't buy it. There are places online where you can watch shows though. Maybe Dollhouse is online somewhere.

Now if you want a really cool show to watch, check out Leverage. Season 2 just stated, but all of season 1 and the already aired episodes of season 2 are available to watch instantly on Netflix. I like the show so much that after watching a couple episodes, I just went out and bought season 1. To me, the show feels like a cross between Mission Impossible and The A-Team. It's a team of former (somewhat) criminals and con-artists that are led by a former insurance fraud investigator. They fight injustice to help the oppressed. It is often referred to as a modern take on Robinhood.

I would watch it online but in Australia we have these pesky download limits and mine is only 6 gb of extremely slow 3g wireless. So I really have no choice. The show is currently running on Fox but that is pay TV here and I am to povo to afford that. So TV DVD here I come.

I would watch it online but in Australia we have these pesky download limits and mine is only 6 gb of extremely slow 3g wireless. So I really have no choice. The show is currently running on Fox but that is pay TV here and I am to povo to afford that. So TV DVD here I come.

Bah that is nothing. Most mobile plans here are capped at 5GB for 60+ USD and your incredibly lucky if you actually get 3g speeds.

Back