Donation drive to fund Xaveor's Battle.net name change?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I have to admit, I cringe every time I see "GabeBasher" in your signature. I know your friend made the change on your account, but I can just see someone unfamiliar with you or the situation using that as one more excuse to slam Christians, Christianity, and Christ.

So how much does it cost for a Battle.net name change? Maybe members should pitch in a few bucks each and make it happen?

Maybe Blizzard will have mercy on you and give you a free name change if you explain? :D

(And yes, I know I'm butting in, but man, that name makes me cringe. Yes, the Bible makes the very unpopular but very clear statement that homosexuality is a sin, but we're called to share the truth of God's Word and leave it to the Holy Spirit to convict people of their sin.)

lol rusty....

i dont think they have paid name changes yet so i'm not sure how that will work i think you need to buy another game code =/ but i'll make him look into it

=D

As odd as it sounds, the best thing would probably to have people report his name as inappropriate, and have Blizzard force him to change his name. It might work because his name is mildly inappropriate, but Blizzard might also say it's nothing, or see that it's his friends who are reporting it.

Still... until paid name changes come about, it's the only way I could figure out that might actually work.

Probably a reference to Gabe Newell. He makes games with crowbars in them.

Gabe Basher.... I don't get it.
Say it fast. Better yet, don't say it out loud at all. Someone might be listening.

Probably a reference to Gabe Newell. He makes games with crowbars in them.
Yes, I'm sure that's it. -_-

As odd as it sounds, the best thing would probably to have people report his name as inappropriate, and have Blizzard force him to change his name. It might work because his name is mildly inappropriate, but Blizzard might also say it's nothing, or see that it's his friends who are reporting it.
I have a hard time imagining that Blizzard wouldn't take issue with the name. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't been forced to change it yet.

Still... until paid name changes come about, it's the only way I could figure out that might actually work.
My concern is that it will result in some disciplinary action against Xaveor, which is what I was trying to avoid (while still helping him get his Battle.net name changed).

I had thought paid name changes were already available, but I admit I haven't been keeping up with new Battle.net features (aside from the Battle.net BattleTag, of course).

....I had thought paid name changes were already available, but I admit I haven't been keeping up with new Battle.net features (aside from the Battle.net BattleTag, of course).

yah we all kinda thought they would of had name changes out by now but it still says its "coming soon" =\

Believe me I would pay $50 for a new name change... I could buy a new copy of SC2 but I would lose all my achievements.

You can try and report it as inappropriate and see if they'll make me change it.

I just sent Blizzard a ticket and explained the situation. I also explained that I'm apart of CGAlliance and that I would greatly appreciate a name change to almost anything. We'll see if they can help me out.

Last edited:
So I got an automated response at first... At least it seemed like something they just pasted in as a response.

Hi there,

At this time, we are unable to offer assistance in renaming your StarCraft II character. We encourage players to use caution when naming their character, as we are unable to provide any assistance in changing the choice of character name.

We understand that you might not have a name you are happy with; in the future we plan to offer additional name changes for StarCraft II characters. I am unable to provide any additional information at this time, however, any updates will be posted on our StarCraft II Website: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/

Should you feel the naming functionality needs adjustment, or wish to provide feedback on the process, please feel free to discuss the matter on the StarCraft II Forums: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/

I sent another message asking if they'll change it because it can be taken as offensive. They gave me an exception. Which means I'll change the name as soon as I get home from work!

So I got an automated response at first... At least it seemed like something they just pasted in as a response.

I sent another message asking if they'll change it because it can be taken as offensive. They gave me an exception. Which means I'll change the name as soon as I get home from work!

WOOT WOOT!!

Huzzah!

Dang, I was trying to get Xaveor banned. Oh well, maybe next time.

Wait a second... Lloren, isn't your name offensive??

Have you ever watched Psych? It's one of the names that Shawn calls Gus.
I've only watched part of the first episode of Psych (and plan to watch the remainder on Netflix...eventually), so I did not know that. Or remember it. Whichever is applicable.

Back