Don't shoot me, but who's going to GW2??

MAC: hey PC, whatcha doin?
PC: playing games.
MAC: which one?
PC: All of them.

Yea you paid too much for a mac that most people dont use 80% of the features it comes with.

PC: <cough> <sputter> I'm 2 years old today, I'm dying.. I led a good long life though
MAC: bummer bro, I'm 4 as of last month and I'm just as fast today as I was the day I was purchased
PC: ...

Lol

There's a mac client now, I'm really thinking hard on getting it.. What say you all so far, is it worth it?

PC: <cough> <sputter> I'm 2 years old today, I'm dying.. I led a good long life though
MAC: bummer bro, I'm 4 as of last month and I'm just as fast today as I was the day I was purchased

Lol

There's a mac client now, I'm really thinking hard on getting it.. What say you all so far, is it worth it?

My PC is 5 years old and plays every game on the market still. Don't do things on comps you're not supposed to and take care of them and they will live quite a while.

;)

Lol

ThemonkeysUncle: Hey Themonkey, what are you doing?
Themonkey: I am changing the oil in my car.
ThemonkeysUncle: Why?
Themonkey: A properly maintained engine does not break down as quick. Regular maintenance prolongs life.
ThemonkeysUncle: Hey, Themonkey, what are you doing?
Themonkey: I am cleaning the coils on my fridge.
Themonkey: By keeping the coils clean and free of dust and hair, the compressors don't have to work as hard and are more efficient at doing their job.
ThemonkeysUncle: Hey, Themonkey, what are you doing?
Themonkey: I am replacing my furnace filter.
Themonkey: It helps with air flow so the furnace doesn't have to work as hard. Regular maintenance lengthen the longevity of appliances that are used daily
ThemonkeysUncle: Hey, Themonkey, my computer runs slow.

Themonkey says, don't be a Monkeys Uncle. Proper maintenance of your equipment will keep them running in tip top shape saving you big bucks in the long run.

Except I'm rockin' computer parts that are 3-4 years old and I can play GW2 just fine.

I'll go one better: My Dell Studio 1737, which is a LAPTOP I last re-imaged in 2009, can play GW2 on low settings. Sure, it's not ideal, but the fact that it's even possible just proves how scalable GW2 is.

I'm probably the thriftiest dude around these forums and I dropped $80 for 2 copies (one for me, one for my wife).

'nuff said.

"Because I can" -youknowwho

My gaming life:

> Have mac family growing up
> Play Quake, Rainbow six, and number munchers like a baus
> No other games to play. Buy PC for ultigaming.
> awwyiss.jpg
> Play Fable and Guild Wars whilst making fun of WoW-tards for constantly paying for game when rest of normal world pays once
> 3 years go by
> Halo-athons galore with new neighbors. Suck at FPS/consoles.
> He takes me under his wing
> Student becomes master. Halo becomes life.
> Friend plays WoW (still vanilla). Has me take over his druid in Wetlands. I remember the exact spot to this day.
"I'm back from the bathroom, bro."
Me - "5 more minutes..."

> Buy PC because moar games. Buy WoW because
> I am all that is gamer.
"No you're not"
-Mordos

> Study like hawk. Mordos and Sandric are my heroes.
> Become backup tank
> Become backup raider
> Become backup raid leader
> FFW 2007
> Buy mac because 2 year old $2k PC keep having issues
> Runs flawless
> WoW = life. Become a, b, c, d + Co-Guild Leader
> Install windows via bootcamp for TF2, CS, moar games, etc
> Runs extra flawless
> Brother always PC dude
> computers run flawless?
> today. both our computers are flawless pretties
> game like bro-bauses
moral of the story is PC/mac is functionality, preference in UI/OS, pocketbook. Benchmarks are easily set and subsequently surpassed by both parties. PC v. Mac feuds end up being lots of barking from two different dogs who can both fetch just fine.

Also, I'm currently playing, in decreasing order:
DOTA 2, Humble Bundle games (just beat Saints Row 3, working on Darksiders and Red Faction: A), GW2 (lvl 60, 30, and 10)

Also, Hi

Back