Don't uninstall your TOR copy from beta...

Just to confirm: The beta is officially over, yes?

Put another way: Those of us who don't plan to buy the game at launch can clear 30+GB from our hard drive without regret, correct? :)

Just to confirm: The beta is officially over, yes?

Put another way: Those of us who don't plan to buy the game at launch can clear 30+GB from our hard drive without regret, correct? :)
Correct, beta ended last night. I don't think they're planning another beta this close to launch, so you should be without regret in removing this fine, awesome, spectacular, better-than-any-other-game from your hard drive... I guess... :eek: :D

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 “You shall not murder.

7 “You shall not commit adultery.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

11 "You shall not remove Star Wars The Old Republic for any reason from your computer."

Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't sure if the beta files would carry over.

They worked on the file size over the various betas. It was 28 at one point 24, i think this last one was 18gb.

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 “You shall not murder.

7 “You shall not commit adultery.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

11 "You shall not remove Star Wars The Old Republic for any reason from your computer."

I just cackled out loud!! LOL

The file size of my SW:ToR folder is currently 36.6GBs, and from what I have heard and seen, this is the correct size... :(

Yeah 36 was quite a few beta builds ago. They are constantly working on file size according to the Dev trackers.

Just got an email to uninstall my TOR client used for testing so I can be ready for the launch. It says that I must uninstall.

Just got an email to uninstall my TOR client used for testing so I can be ready for the launch. It says that I must uninstall.

yeah, i just got the same email..

Looks like i'll have to break the 11th commandment..

Email:

Thank you for your participation in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. In preparation for the game's official release, if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.

1. Click on the Start bar and open up your "Control Panel."
2. Under "Programs" select "Uninstall a Program" (Windows 7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP).
3. Select "Star Wars – The Old Republic."
4. Right Click on the title and select "Uninstall" (Windows 7) or "Remove" (Windows XP).
5. Follow all the uninstall steps to remove the game from the PC.
6. Make sure the following directories no longer exists (or are empty):
• C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic
• C:\Program Files (x86)\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic

Note: If you do not see an entry for Star Wars – The Old Republic in your program list, please try the following...
1. Click on the Start bar and open up Computer.
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare\
3. Locate the "Uninstall Star Wars – The Old Republic.exe" file and launch it.
4. Follow all the uninstall steps, listed above, to remove the game from the PC.

For more information or if you have questions, please visit our FAQ.

Same here, any word on if its true, or is it just them wanting people to do clean installs so when you call tech support they can say "Well, you didn't uninstall the beta, thats the problem!"

Back