Doom 3

Wh1te Out

All I can say is WOW!

Regardless of how each person feels about the game's content (because that is a personal choice to be made on one's own) no one can say that Doom 3 is not one of the best gameplay experiences ever created. Play this sucker with a pair of headphones, in total darkness, on a nice 17" LCD screen and if you're not scared out of your pants then you are seriously desensitized.

This game will give you nightmares. But boy oh boy it is an adrenaline rush of fun.

no one can say that Doom 3 is not one of the best gameplay experiences ever created. Play this sucker with a pair of headphones, in total darkness, on a nice 17" LCD screen and if you're not scared out of your pants then you are seriously desensitized.

That scares and shocks were more along the line of the atmosphere of the game rather then the gameplay. In fact if you think about it the gameplay really hasn't changed since Doom 2, almost everything is identical except you get a sprint button and a jump button. I found the game to get repetitive after about the first hour, I can only take so many zombies spawning in the dark corners before it becomes redundant.

Last edited:
That's what I meant. The total gameplay experience which includes the environment, lighting, sound, etc.

I agree. Well, I didn't play the whole game, just the demo, but even that was boring. The scariest part of it was when you walk into the bathroom and see your face mutate. That made me jump.

Back