Downloading the Mac client now..

FiremanThul

Hey all, I've been playing wow for years, first with The Forgiven, last with Redeemed (although I actually stopped playing last summer).

I'm completely new to guild wars, I didn't play the original and I've not been keeping track of GW2 progress, but I'm looking at youtube videos and such now.

Anyone else out there playing via mac? Can I use my magic mouse or do I need to snag a proper 2 button mouse?

I use a track pad when I play on my Air, so there shouldn't be any issue's with the magic mouse. It seems to recognize the mouse gestures.

There are a lot of f-key functions? Man, i really need to look in the keyboard settings...

Yea, all professions will have F1-4 skills. Or some variation of them. You can rebind them of course to whatever you'd like, which should help with the mac keyboard layout. Here is the official forums, specifically the board for Beta Mac support. So if you have any questions or problems you can post a thread there and/or search through the threads to answer questions. I'm not sure how many of our members here play GW2 on a Mac so as to give you first-hand experience, but ANet is really good about answering questions and getting things fixed if you post on their forums.

There are a lot of f-key functions? Man, i really need to look in the keyboard settings...

You play a thief (not sure if other class) and thieves only use F1 for stealing ... nothing else. Other professions can use F1-F4. For example Mesmers have their shatters, Elementalists use them to switch attunements, etc.

Back