Druid Healing

Bald Guy

Looking for some help from our Druid master healer Dradow (sp?)
Can you walk me thru your healing sequence for instances. You gave me some coaching last week and it up'ed my healing per sec numbers last nite a ton. just want to be sure i am getting the full benefit of your knowledge on druid healing. others feel free to jump on in if they have some pointers for me.

just as an example--my healing b4 your coaching was around 1700 per sec
last nite my numbers where up around 2300+ per sec.

thx in advance for any pointers!!

nonono.....post it here so I can see too....my son wants my druid to be resto for at least one spec /sigh.

Mostly you keep a rejuv and a regrowth up on your tanks at all times. Sometimes ill let lifebloom bloom just for some instant healing, but its nice to keep it up too. Plus letting it bloom gives you mana back which is also nice. For raid healing mostly all you have is your Wild Growth which you should probably use near a large group of people as it effects those in a 15 yd radius of your target, In some fights such as Hodir i will just use it on myself and position myself near the group just to make it easier as i move. Most raid healing is nourish spamming since your wild growth has a 6 sec cd. Nourish doesnt do much healing but with hots it can do alot so try to use nourish on target effected with Wild growth when raid healing. I always use swiftmend whenever its up/ whenever they need it. It doesnt cost much mana and its instant heal is great. Healing touch i dont use alot other then to macro it to Natures swiftness if a tank gets low, but at times, ill use it after i have my hots up on a Main tank. Mostly healing is about timing as a druid-getting your heals off and stacking your hots. For glyphs i would recommend Swiftmend/ and Nourish as a must but the 3rd is mostly about what you prefer. Spec wise is kinda the same way there are alot of points that are for different play styles and if you even use the move alot. Druid healing is alot of just stacking your hots and then nourish spamming raid members. For my spec personally i spec into crit because of all the raid healing that is required. Nourish by itself doesnt do much but with a HoT or 2 and a crit its very effective for both raid healing and Tank healing. The Living seed is great too because its an instant heal for your tank when they take damage but can only happen after a crit. This provides a 100% chance that the tank will get a heal when he is hit so you have more time to stack hots rather then having to nourish spam him back to full...For a start of a boss fight for me i will regrowth/rejuv the tanks and lifebloomx3. Regrowth usually crits leaving a living seed for the beginning of the fight.

Last edited:
Also note the changes they did to Innervate.
Innervate: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 3 minutes. This means each use of Innervate will give half as much mana as before, but it will be available twice as often"
Lifebloom: The final heal that occurs when this spell blooms has been reduced by 20% on the base and on the spell power coefficient"
And then the nourish talent-
Empowered Touch: Now also increases the amount of bonus healing effects for Nourish by 10/20%

Back