DS Games - Must haves.

Odale

This Christmas I am getting a DSi XL 25th Anniversary Edition (I'm so pumped!!!1!!!1!!!111!!1). With it I am getting Pokemon Soul Silver.

What other games should I get?

Note: I will not have this paper-ultra-new age Zelda garbage on my DS. I am not a graphics freak (Pokemon Gold looks awesome on my friends DS), but Zelda should not look like a paper cut out made for six year olds. (Nintendo - MAKE A REAL ZELDA GAME!).

At any rate, I am pretty open minded. I haven't owned a handheld gaming device thing since my Gameboy color... so I think its about time.

Side note (and I don't know how this will help...) I'm also a Nintendo fanboy. I think Sony is evil and should stick to car stereos and I believe Microsoft should burn at the stake for allowing Xbox 360 owners play Perfect Dark on their 360.

That is all.

Chrono Trigger (get this, and you'll gain nerd cred 4 lyfe)
GTA: China Town Wars (if the content doesn't bother you)

and some other gaemz.

This Christmas I am getting a DSi XL 25th Anniversary Edition (I'm so pumped!!!1!!!1!!!111!!1). With it I am getting Pokemon Soul Silver.
Huzzah! :D /fistbump (since those are cooler than high fives... or so I'm told)

At any rate, I am pretty open minded (except for when it comes to cel-shaded Zelda).
Fixed for the badgering. :p You're definitely missing out on saying no to Zelda, though. Phantom Hourglass is awesome. As true a Zelda game as any. But do what you gotta do. :p

Since you're a Nintendo fanboy, definitely look into the Metroid Prime game. It's actually really neat... and impressive... and it's Metroid. :D

You've already got Pokemon covered... which makes up the majority of my collection (lol multiple versions), but there's a lot of great stuff out there. Pretty much any DS games made by SquareEnix is awesome. FFIII, IV, and Tactics Advance 2 are all awesome. Chrono Trigger is a must. Seriously. Unless you already have it (and I hope you do because of how awesome it is). I've yet to get my hands on The World Ends With You, but it looks awesome. Oh... and the Dragon Quest games are nothing to scoff at.

...I favor RPGs muchly. Does it show?

I'll see what else I can come up with. Welcome to the DS collective, though.

A few recommendations off the top of my head:
  • Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
  • Dragon Quest IX
  • Hotel Dusk: Room 215
  • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • Mario Kart DS
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Peggle Dual Shot
  • Planet Puzzle League
  • Sonic Colors
  • Soul Bubbles
  • Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
  • Tetris DS (or, failing that, Tetris Party Deluxe)
And if you can read Japanese:
  • Jump Ultimate Stars
  • Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary
  • Soma Bringer
  • Taiko no Tatsujin DS - Touch de Dokodon!
I only played a few minutes of The World Ends With You and would advise against purchasing this game if you thought Cloud (of Final Fantasy VII) fame was obnoxious. The lead for TWEWY is an emo caricature and I just can't put myself through that again. DQIX, while far more traditional in design, is much more light-hearted and charming.

Jump Ultimate Stars! Now there's a gem. I imported that... totally forgot about it. Such awesomeness, though.

Back