Dungeon/Fractal Night tonight?

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Sorry for the (still) lack of set schedule. Anyone up for some mass dungeoning this evening?

Edit to add: newbies welcome...doesn't matter if you've never stepped foot in a dungeon before!

Last edited:
I should be online and would be interested :) Can bring my mesmer or my guardian, though my guardian's gear isn't the best.

One question. Does the increase gold infusion carry AR? Not getting clear answer checking wiki.

No AR for any of the utility infusions.

What I'd recommend is to get a utility amulet, regardless of what stats you are wanting. If you're wanting to do fractals and don't have much AR yet, put a Versatile Simple Infusion in there - you can buy this from the golem at the start for 75 relics. Once you get to the point where you have "enough" AR for the levels you desire (or are able) to play, replace with gilded/mf/karma infusion.

After a certain point, more AR will not reduce agony. IE: 30 AR will not give any more agony resist at levels 10-19 than 10 AR; you'll take 1% damage per tick regardless.

For reference, here's the "max" AR needed at each level.
0-9: none needed
10-19: 10 AR will max you out. Level 19 has the same agony damage as level 10, so don't be afraid to play above 10 without any AR.
20-29: 25 AR
30-39: 40 AR
...keeps going up by 15

edit to add: here's the chart showing you how much damage you take by FotM/AR.

Being 10 below the max isn't too bad, either, so don't be afraid to try FotM if you're lacking! All you need is an experienced group who knows what they're doing. Most agony ticks 6 times, taking 72% of your health over a period of 5 seconds, giving you plenty of time to heal/get to a safe spot/etc. Many dungeon bosses can hit you for that much instantly. I've run in the 20s with people who had 0 AR and we got through just fine. :)

And don't worry if you don't know what you're doing in Fractals or any dungeon. I (and many others) would MUCH rather teach you and then have more dungeon buddies than not have you play at all!

Last edited:
I would love a dungeon/fractal night I know I need a number of dungeons for the dungeon master title and still need 2 more fractals to reach 20 so I can start receiving rewards for the +20 fractals. I am sure there are others that are in a similar situation as I am.

Widget (dravyn) is at 20, and Gigabit is at 18. Those two like to run together for some reason, so I bet you could hook up! Bonus: remember you can get a reward twice when swapping tiers...IE: if you're 19, do 20 and get your level 19 reward, then do 20 again and get the 20+ chest. :)

Then I am effectively currently at 5 AR, and Fractal lvl 3, no problemo.

Not a problem at all! That means half damage up to level 19, which is totally manageable.

Pyper, the Odalyns, and myself had a challenge tonight doing CM path 2 with no prior experience. We made it and it is a testament to having a Christian guild to be a part of. Proud of us all :)

CM is very hard, that's awesome! So many cheap shots and snipes from those enemies. Great job. :)

Back