EA's Madden for the Revolution will utilize unique controller

MeridianFlight

The onslaught of pre-E3 news continues. EA has partially revealed how the control scheme for Madden on the Nintendo Revolution will work. I'm not a fan of Madden or football in general, but I found this to be pretty interesting. Below are notable excerpts from the article.

"Players will hike the ball by mimicking a quarterback receiving the ball from the center, and then pass it to a receiver by making a throwing gesture with the free-hand controller. The faster the passing motion, the more of a bullet pass it becomes (in previous Madden editions, bullet passes were made by holding the passing button down longer)."

"Kicking the ball will be accomplished by sweeping the controller up as if it were a kicker's leg striking the ball. A fast, level swing will make for a hard, straight kick."

"The Revolution controller will also come into play when running the ball, as jerking the controller left or right will make the ball-carrier juke to either side, while shoving it straight ahead will make him stiff-arm the opposition."

The full Gamespot article can be found here.

Dark Virtue said:
Which is why it will flop :)

What, the Wii?

The Wii will dominate. It's going to revolutionize (Hmm...that sounds like a good name for a console) the way people play videogames.

...and no, as apathetic as I can be, I still can't type that with a straight face.

I'd like to point out that I really wanted to speak about market penetration, but given the console's name, that could be horribly misconstrued.

MeridianFlight said:
I'd like to point out that I really wanted to speak about market penetration, but given the console's name, that could be horribly misconstrued.

LOL...thanks for the good laugh...:D

Back