educate south africa so usa knows maps??

I felt really sorry for her; so much so that I refused to go watch the video until today. What makes me really mad is that one of the morning show hosts on the Fish Atlanta spent most of the morning show making fun of her the next day.

Some people complained (I sent an email), and so he made a big deal out of it a few days later, saying that if you laughed or thought it was funny, you had no right to say he shouldn't have mocked her repeatedly for three or four hours.

Right. THAT'S logical. What gets me is their motto: "Safe for the whole family!"

Well, sure, if you want to teach your kids to mock and belittle someone who gets flustered and makes a dumb mistake. Because that's Christian behavior, right?

I'm glad to see, though, much more charitable behavior here.
What does laughing at intellectually challenged models got to do with family friendliness? Because this is like beyond dumb mistakes. So I had a good laugh. I laugh at myself when I answer simple things on my algebra tests the wrong way (at least when I'm finished kicking myself).

i shared this with a few of my friends at school... dang... i start laughing every time i see it... LOL. Thanks for showing this Atown.

I couldn't watch the whole video because I can't stand embarrassment. When I see someone do something embarrassing I roll around in the floor in pain (not laughing) but in pain. I guess it's because the Gerbil always chokes when put to a test T_T. I think WAY too much about my failures, but, I cannot help but feel empathy because of it.
I generally define stupidity as people who don't put effort/thought in their actions or refuse to address a question because they might be proven wrong. She at least tried.

I wouldn't feel to bad for her though she probably got some good PR because of it. It's not like you're running for President and you spell "Potato" wrong because the card you are going off of has it spelled wrong on it...

I agree with mist on this one, i'm sure most of us couldnt pass with flying colors if we were in her place. Has the world gone so cold that we have to thrive on the misery and embarrasment of others for a glimpse of personal joy? When i heard her response on the radio yes it couldnt help but grin; but not in a mocking way. I personally dont like being mocked or criticized, thus the least I can do is extend the same respect for someone else. Obviously she is intellectual enough to have made it that far, it was a simple mishap of her not hearing the question and panicking; yet still trying to answer.

Sure, it's funny, because it's just so incoherent. And I laughed a little bit when someone told me about it (but watching it was painful).

However, repeatedly mocking someone publicly is simply cruel and unfeeling.

It's not like you're running for President and you spell "Potato" wrong because the card you are going off of has it spelled wrong on it...

hmm.. be kind, it's God's creation you are taking about.

the potato?

what? i'm lost....

You all must forgive me, though... i find that this video is freaking hilarious... i couldn't stop laughing. I do feel really bad for teh girl because she has been made into a laughing stalk... BUT... i've gotta say... if you use the excuse "I didn't hear the question" there is nothing wrong with asking for the question repeated... when you watch the actual show... probably 10% of the girls who go up ask for the question to be repeated...

ROFL i went over to my friend's house one time after a football game and her dad gave us (there were 3 of us there at the time) maps of the middle east and pens and had us locate certain countries because of something like this... interestingly, i named every one of them with ease...

i used to know the US map enough to list all the states' capitals, but i haven't tried in so long i don't know if i could anymore...

laugh as long as is accompanied by sympathy. We should not use it as entertainment.

What if I laugh at your seriousness? Is that like a pun or something?

>_< anyway I think it's all right to laugh at people once and again as long as you can take as much as you dish out.

What if I laugh at your seriousness? Is that like a pun or something?

>_< anyway I think it's all right to laugh at people once and again as long as you can take as much as you dish out.
no, as long as they can take as much as you dish out. If you are laughing with a person thats fun, if you are laughing at a person thats cruel (I've been more than guilty myself here).

the potato?

what? i'm lost....

Back when Dan Quayle was vice president he went to school as one of those PR stuns politicians do. He was given some cards with words on them and was supposed to check a spelling bee kid's spelling of them. Well "potato" was spelled correctly by the child while on the card was spelled "potatoe" the result was he incorrectly corrected the child. This was very widely publicized by the media as they had already been attacking him as being stupid and was actually one of the major factors in him not getting elected president IMO. Thus the Clinton years occurred. Quite frankly I think Quayle was at the very least as intelligent as Clinton, but, even if he wasn't he stood for family values while Clinton did not. It's better to have a moral moron than a immoral genius. The genius may get things done, but, those things will only be towards evil. While the moron may not get much done, but, at least what he does will be for good. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36

A very quick Google http://www.capitalcentury.com/1992.html . Google Potato Dan Quayle for a whole lot of hits.

Anyway my point was in the girl's profession it's not like you are really expected to be a genius. Quite frankly I think the intelligence portion of their testing is just tacked on to be PC. While in politics they will rip you apart if you show the slightest flaw in anything. I mean honestly Bush had a band-aid on his face in one speech and they where talking about it effecting the polls yeesh.

As far as laughing with people. It also depends greatly on the type of person you are laughing with. Some people will make fun of themselves to deliberately get a laugh being it is generally safe to make fun of yourself. While others are not the type to make light of any flaw and will take it very seriously. Really the only thing you can say for certain is to take it slow when you meet someone until you understand their personality and how laughter will be received. I told my Karate instructor (who is a friend) once while sparring "oh the old man has to cheat to get me". I in no way meant it seriously, however, it was not received that way and I made sure to apologize later. Had I made the same comment to my Father I can say for certain it would not have been recieved negatively.

Last edited:
no, as long as they can take as much as you dish out. If you are laughing with a person thats fun, if you are laughing at a person thats cruel (I've been more than guilty myself here).

How is it cruel, exactly?

Let's say someone had a stun gun. A man approached this person and the person overreacted, thinking the man was going to mug him. He whipped out the stun gun--and accidentally zapped himself. I happen to pass by when this happens, and it strikes me as funny. I laugh. The man, who was actually going to ask for directions, laughs and the man with the stun gun slowly regains consciousness and sulks. And then I walk into a pole when I don't pay attention. The two other guys laugh at me.

Everyone's happy!

well speaking of correction and potatoes there are a few things i could correct in terms of the spelling and grammar in this thread (or my capitalization)...

i debate with myself whether or not to laugh. jk

lol my spelling, now there is something you guys are welcome to laugh at :)
P.S. Spell check is more important than the wheel

Back