Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

SirKneller

I want to get this game. But my mom has to see it to approve. I ussually dont play M games becuase they are ussually bad and are horrible in God's eyes.

But i tired it out and it looks fine and i want to get it. Now i just need it to be approved by my mom. So, is this game good enough?

How bad is the game truely? Just blood so far? But is it ok to God? Just curious to what you guys have to say.

SirKneller said:
I ussually dont play M games becuase they are ussually bad and are horrible in God's eyes.

Two things:

God did not establish the ESRB.

God did form the Bible - for parts of it the ESRB would need new levels of restrictions.

I have not played Skyrim, but if it's like any other Elder Scrolls game, it's probably rated M for more than blood and gore.

Last edited:
"I usually dont play M games becuase they are usually bad and are horrible in God's eyes."

Sorry, but I must correct this. While there are some truly blasphemous games, most games are rated M for things which are matters of preference and conscience. I do not believe they are usually bad and terrible in God's eyes.

But then again, who are we to say what's good and bad in God's eyes?

That being said, the game is rated M for "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, and Use of Alcohol."

A review for parents can be found here.

Sandbox style games generally let you do anything as that is the point. Speaking very generally, the moral problem occurs is when sinful actions are portrayed as beneficial or worse good (some evil actions have benefits in games because people would never choose those paths otherwise). From these people can become desensitized or come to a skewed sense of right and wrong in real life. This is particularly true with children who lack experience to have a fully developed sense of right and wrong.

If it helps any remember if you want to play a game like Skyrim be mature yourself first. Think about it's content, continually ask what is right and wrong about everything. Then discuss it with your parents and respect their decision whatever it may be. If you act like a whiny "I can't live without playing it" child it will be longer before you play anything.

I'm personally more inclined to purchase Skyrim than other games of it's type I've looked at before (and I may eventually). That's because other games of it's type set in more modern environments typically have more cussing.

Skyrim probably derives most of it's M rating from blood and gore which admittedly can be bad if glorified for the sake of violence alone. Thing is I also don't hold to un-biblical idea that "Christians are pacifists". Rather one's objections should stem from the lack of justification or glorification of said violence. In other words like the person posted before me the ESRBs M rating is not Biblical based. The context of actions not just the action needs to be considered. Rather than the looking just at the M look at the descriptions of actual content to decide. Also I'm pretty sure Skyrim has some elements which the ESRB won't cover like how far magic stuff goes. Saw this yesterday and wondered good? bad? pagan rituals?

On a side note: I'm bewildered as to why any Christian would enjoy being a seriously (not campy, silly, your penguins will be mine) evil person in some games. Sure it's virtual but to even enjoy some ideas in your imagination is wrong Matthew 5:27-28. Point in case why would any decent person, let alone a Christian, enjoy Grand Theft Auto's infamous" have sex with a prostitute then beat her up to get your money back"? It doesn't matter how realistic or unrealistic the act is the act itself is abhorrent. I still have disdain for striking women yet many games have gone far past caring about that. Bottom line is in spite of sandbox games that keep saying "you have so much freedom" I have never seen one that lets me play close to way I want morally or game play wise.

Last edited:
The mod I posted is for PC, although maybe there is something also available for one of the consoles? I have no idea.

If you prefer playing Skyrim with a controller on a PC, you might try it with a *WIRED* USB Xbox 360 controller...you can pick up the driver from Microsoft HERE after specifying your operating system.

There are also wireless USB adapters for your PC to link to a wireless controller. I think they run about $25. I don't have a link for th eone I am thinking of. Tek7 might have one though.

There are also wireless USB adapters for your PC to link to a wireless controller. I think they run about $25. I don't have a link for th eone I am thinking of. Tek7 might have one though.
I don't know about wireless X360 controller adapters, but I own a Logitech F710 and it's a great wireless controller. It's currently $47 on Newegg, but I bought it for $35 shipped a few months ago.

Man, well a PC that is good enough for the game isnt at my desposal so i have the PS3 as my only option. But it would be great if someone could find a way i could turn off blood and gore on a PS3 console!

It would help emmensly!
God Bless

Not to crush your dreams or anything, but realistically at best you can look forward to waiting a good long while for PS3 mod tools to be released and then hoping that a no blood mod is released. Honestly I'd say that the odds of all that lining up is slim to none.

-No serious mod tools have ever made it to consoles in the past
-Mods would dip into Sony and MS's DLC cuts and they don't like that
-Mods can wreck your game, and adding instability to games, while while fine on PC, is pretty much anathema to consoles
-Almost certainly the mods that did make it to consoles would need some kind of certification, and that means there's no guaranty the one you want would be seen there

Even if you got a no blood mod, It's highly unlikely it would remove all the ancillary M-rated content, blood splatters are hardly the only thing you have here, entire quest chains would have to be chopped in addition to various models and textures littered around the game. At any rate

I ussually dont play M games becuase they are ussually bad and are horrible in God's eyes.

is a terribly arbitrary thing to say, perhaps you would care to articulate why you feel this way. Certainly your options as far as games go are limited with such an opinion, and I don't think you're likely going to be able to work in an exception for Skyrim.

No Gore No Blood INI setting

Find your Skyrim.ini file (usually located in your MyGames/Skyrim folder on Windows) and add the following line under the [General] section.

bDisableAllGore=1

This will turn off decap and dismember in all instances (even in the opening beheading scene) and seems to drastically reduce the dynamic blood generated from player to NPC combat. It does not remove static world gore/blood that was intentionally placed as part of the environment/world.

You will need a mod to do that.

Back