Emblem Contest Winners

24-lawrencehawkins.jpg

Why did the one above win, while the ones below didn't? :confused:
d-vanessamartin.jpg
9-symbian.jpg

If you are referring to the beaver (the site is blocked at work), there has already been a long discussion about it on TGH's forum. I have no idea why it won. Maybe it gave them a good laugh or that there weren't any beaver emblems yet. Whatever the case, all of them will be redrawn by professional artists before being added to the game.

According to Gaile Grey of Arenanet, the beaver won because it made every single developer laugh and they feel that there is a place for humor in the game. And like astrod00d said, the game artsits will have their way with the winning submissions and come up with the final emblems, so in most cases the winning artwork won't be what appears on the capes. That is why multiple emblems were selected as winners for certain themes.

Dredd: Yes, I did. *shrug* I'm a designer. We're used to our work being rejected.

I was surprised by the number of similar entries! I expected a lot of overlap, but some were REALLY similar! The phoenix, though, didn't strike me as very original; I've seen dozens almost identical all over the web...

Well that is like foul smelling poop. I thought yours were just as good and in many cases BETTER! More like the smell of fresh cookiez.

The beaver was absolutely the most original entry! I'll bet it gets used a lot.

I thought most of the winning entries were really well done; they had a lot of potential for the game designers to play with. But some were really similar to stuff I've seen before.

Last edited:
Back