epic terran vs protoss on metalopolis

Day[9] is good, Tasteless, Artosis and Chill are decent. I'll take Husky over HD although Husky has some annoying things.

HD is really terrible though. He has absolutely no understanding of the game so his commentary lacks any actual content, and when he tries to do any analysis, it's completely wrong. He makes no effort to improve his casting and is only in it to make a name for himself and make a few bucks off it too. During the MLG live stream, he openly admitted that he only plays 1-2 games a week.

When he started talking about MioWerra and thought he might be CellaWerra but wasn't sure, etc. etc. 1) If he had paid any attention at all to the RTS scene within the last 5 years, he'd know that Werra is a Korean team that has had a lot of good players in War3, BW, and is one of the better SC2 teams out there. 2) Even if he didn't, if he had put even five minutes of effort into it, he could have found out on Google that Mio is not Cella but that Werra is a team.

I can appreciate that during the early stages of the beta when the number of people who could access the game was small, he did a great thing by putting up videos and allowing others a chance to see the game. But from there, it's all been downhill.

I PERSONALLY think its kinda mean to talk like that about people providing a free service, and also being new at it. I wasn't the best starcraft player when I started and I'm still not, but I'm working on it, and so is HD. He provides pretty interesting games, and when I first started to play starcraft (3 months ago) they were very helpful.

Last edited:
I PERSONALLY think its kinda mean to talk like that about people providing a free service, and also being new at it. I wasn't the best starcraft player when I started and I'm still not, but I'm working on it, and so is HD. He provides pretty interesting games, and when I first started to play starcraft (3 months ago) they were very helpful.

Thanks Naruto :)

I have to agree. HD and Husky, as well as all the other casters, offer a tremendous service to the community. We should be appreciative of that :D

I appreciate what they do... but do they have to make it so... nerdtastic? (I am aware of the irony in that... but I didn't know of a better word.)

HD has demonstrated that he has no intention of improving either his playing or his casting. If he wanted to improve, he could put in a little effort into gathering background information or play more than 1 game a week so he can at least understand the game somewhat. Really, anyone can go to any replay site, find the ones that are the highest rated / have the most comments, and make a below mediocre commentary, which is all HD does.

I already said that what he did early in the beta was beneficial. But there's really no reason to cut him any slack for subpar casting when he's been at for six months and there are much better casters out there.

You realize he's likely to pull in more than 60k this year from his casting? He's definitely not doing it for free.

Back