Eternal War

Meta-Ninja

Give it a B-. The graphics are Doom quality at best. Also, Can I get a w00t for 2 playable maps! Sounds like fun. I know, you might say "Christian Developers don't get the financial backing that big devs get, however, if they spent $40 on UT2K4, they could get a good graphical game making program, and hours of tutorials, my friend can make a good map in a day. If they spent any time at all on this it could've been a real game.

It's based on the reviewer's perspective, and if he thinks that way so be it.. Besides, i like to take some time off CS/halo and go back to Super mario ;p

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The graphics are Doom quality at best.

Quake.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, Can I get a w00t for 2 playable maps! Sounds like fun.

No idea what you're talking about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know, you might say "Christian Developers don't get the financial backing that big devs get, however, if they spent $40 on UT2K4, they could get a good graphical game making program, and hours of tutorials, my friend can make a good map in a day

Licensing the unreal2 engine can cost a good $100,000+ at least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If they spent any time at all on this it could've been a real game.

Pop quiz! How much time did they spend?

The graphics were dated because (1) there wasn't a dedicated graphics programmer until the end of the development cycle and (2) most of the textures were only 256x256 at the most.  The Ultra High texture set wasn't completed until late '03.

Pics from the new engine:

http://www.twoguyssoftware.ca/nightmares.php

The screenshots where everything is bright-lit are taken from within the editor and do not have lightmaps or any other effects applied.

You know the game is fun. I played a demo of it recently and man, I've paid 20 dollars for alot worse games.
And I'd say the graphics are quake 2 quality, not doom. Shoot man I've been playing the original doom recently and I know this one is better.
Besides it's a first effort. I'm really stoked on the next game..
*G* yeah I know surprised, gump?
Woah, I dig the blues brother smiley
blues.gif
:-D

Back