Explain your username!!

ive always had a straight shot but never enough power

Shyfroggy said:
Tek how did you come up with your username????
It's a long story--and an old one, too. ^^ I might sit down and write it out some time soon, but I'd have to rattle my brains to remember all the details first!

Tek7 said:
It's a long story--and an old one, too. ^^ I might sit down and write it out some time soon, but I'd have to rattle my brains to remember all the details first!

he's high tek and started owning people at age 7... am i close?

my real name is michael piper so u used the 1st two letters of my last name michaelpi and i also looked up online there was a pi named michael piper

I've had this handle for a while, and am no longer fond of the reference of a weapon in my handle. I imagine the CGA Board is the last time I'll use it.

Ice - It references many things, among them; my stoicism, my love for the cold, and the thing I turn to when soft drinks are at room temperature.

Blade - I thought the character from the movies (yes, I'm aware of the comic book origins) was cool, and more than that, I loved the idea of a frozen sword (One made of ice, not the instance when it gets stuck in its sheath and Russell Crowe makes a comment about it then proceeds to smack you).

POD - I'm not a huge fan of the band, but I loved what POD stood for, Payable On Death. My sins were payable on Christ's death.

These threads are always cool, because it provides insight and background to everyone's name.

Mr_Slice said:
You may actually be close enough that we could meet up and I could pwn you on the golf course sometime. ;)
actually just a ferry ride away but yeah, the courses here are way to expensive and my clubs = garage sale

Atown said:
actually just a ferry ride away but yeah, the courses here are way to expensive and my clubs = garage sale

Heh, that would be awesome, I'm about an hour drive away.

Anyway, my other online handle I have retired, it was "dead serious" cause i'm deadly on cs, and I had a few people state the question "Are you serious?" and my response "dead serious".

Thad, from the Apostle Thaddius. When I first started going back to church, (this was in my EQ days) I was looking for a good name to use for a toon. I was reading DC Talks' book Jesus Freaks and was reading about how the apostles were martyred. Jude(also known as thaddeus) stuck with me and I started using it. For some reason i spelled it wrong and thats how it stuck.

Cory

Icthus is greek for fish... You know that little symbol on the back of your car?

Early Christians would put the fish symbol on the houses where they had seceret meetings.

It is also an acrosstic

I- Emanual (trust me on the greek)
X- Christ
Th- God (Theos)
U-(For some reason I cannot remember this one....)
S- Saviour

Tek I want both stories..... the one for Tek7 and the one for Isaiah Jones.... you promised to tell me sometime. Smiles..

Now for mine username which has been explained several times over the years. In forums if you know him his name is Malohaut, gaming he uses Chivah more, real name is Ken...... anyway he saw one of my characters in DAoC just sitting because I chat a lot in game and he asked me could he pray for me. I was quite shocked to find someone willing to be Christian in game and rp that way...... I had met a few others from KoT but did not really put it together. So anyway I really wanted to make a very specific Christian character for KoT. I choose a friar... prob due to both healing and fighting abilities..... and kept looking in my name books to find something that fit.
So I made a two part name Litsa...... which is Greek for angel and Falda ..... which is Icelandic for folded wings. So I made an angel with folded wings for my character. One that needed to learn how to spread her wings more for in game and I always thought a Christian guild may need an angel of some kind. I kept the name and moved it here when I was invited.
Now I just sign "Angel' to most things because most people know me here as that. WOW long story.
Blessings, "Angel"

Next were going to have to explain our avatars because Icthus, that is the most disgusting thing Ive ever seen, and I'm a guy who doesn't really get grossed out. :eek:

LITSAFALDA said:
Tek I want both stories..... the one for Tek7 and the one for Isaiah Jones.... you promised to tell me sometime. Smiles..
Aye, I'm a bit overdue with that explanation, aren't I? *blush*

You all keep the thread going and I'll sit down with the ol' keyboard some time to type out the story. I can tell you the full story involves sarcasm, fake business cards, back-in-the-day Geocities, and a firm desire to avoid harrassment.

Jeshurun

:D I chose Jeshurun because I love Israel and the jewish people. Jeshurun is a poetical or ideal title of Israel. Jeshurun means upright one and is always used as a title of honor. Scripture references are Deuteronomy 33:5 and this is why my e-mail address is jeshurun_5@hotmail.com. Also Deuteronomy 33:26and Isaiah 44:2 are my foundational scriptures in which I stand on. My other name is Whitestone because of Revelation 2:17. Whitestone is more than a conquerer in Christ and he who conquers will receive a white stone with a new name written on the stone which is only known to the one who receives it. Lol Bless you all:D :) :D

TheJfreak because well yes i know "Jesus Freak" like so many other people but also thers Jtrain which is a TobyMac song.... I put The because i think one of the first people i saw on Toj was TheElite... TheJfreak I think every now and then of a name change but so many people know me as this and for all you wondering why Lord Savaan for Guid Wars is because i had that as my name thanks to my old AOE days....

Back