Fable

tjguitarz

I am very interested in Fable. With the release date tomorrow, I was wondering who bought the game (assuming today is the 16th or later), and what you thought of it? Please let me know if the ESRB ratings are accurate or a little different. Thank you very much!

-TJ-

What else did he say? Is the language as bad as the ESRB said it was? What about the sexual references? I want to get this game, but not if it's trash.

I heard it's good, it's more of a GTA situation, it's not really what you do, it's what you can do... but I haven't played it, so I don't really know that much about the content.

I playtested for Lionhead multiple times... it's a fun game!!!

There is sexual reference if you go looking for it.  This game is not anti Christian really... you can only have sex when married (and there's no nudity, just some moaning to a black screen), there's killing, but its mostly of creatures and unnamed bandits... and hardly any blood.

I didn't notice any strangely bad language...

It's a fantastic game... but I won't buy it because I've already played it to death
sad.gif

You playtested for lionhead? They're making The Movies right? Have you playtested that? I am really interested in that game.

Fable..
cursing
sexual refernces
Sex in game, which is definitly unaaceptable to our Lord.
ability to give middle finger
ability to behead epopel and use their heads as weapons
and many more things like that..

Keep in mind that you can only have sex with you WIFE in the game. And they don't show anything, they blank the screen out.

And you can NOT use heads as weapons. You can however, use them as a soccer ball
smile.gif

in the game you are married you want to argue symantics fine lets.

the game i have played it is honestly not bad. you can avoid all the magic using past the beginning when it teaches you the basics. you can choose to be good or evil.

to slaughter inoccients or to let them live its up to you. grant it, the game is somewhat of a let down from what they said it would be, and is plagued to me by loading time (i dont like loading time they really could of streamed it from the HD if they wanted to). You follow the story in the and have some side quests. the main character doesnt talk, from what i have played thus far ( which is 90% Of the game and the other guys in the dorm have beaten it repeatedly) there is not any cursing in the cut-scence either. In no way would i compare this game to GTA. as far as the sex goes, you do not have to be married, or have sex. that is up to you personally. right now my character in the game is not married. though i must add you can choose to be hetero or homo sexual. most complaints i have seen from outsiders has been the limitations of the game, compared to what they said it would be. it is still a great game, worth renting for a week atleast and beating it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Sep. 28 2004,5:38)]Keep in mind that you can only have sex with you WIFE in the game.  And they don't show anything, they blank the screen out.

And you can NOT use heads as weapons.  You can however, use them as a soccer ball
smile.gif
Actually...you can have sex with guys in the game too. I rented it and started playing it before I knew about all the objectional stuff. After reading about it more online I decided to take it back.

So lemme Guess the game singles is ok because you can choose not to have orgies?
If a game contains that junk you shouldnt give the makers your money for filling the shelves with that! If we keep buying it thats just motivation for them to make more garbage!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 29 2004,1:25)]If a game contains that junk you shouldnt give the makers your money for filling the shelves with that! If we keep buying it thats just motivation for them to make more garbage!
I agree with that statement

I don't, the creators of the game know you're not buying it to have virtual sex. You're buying it to have fun running around and being a supercool character in an open ended world! If you don't like the game's content, complain straight to the devs about it, I'm sure you can find their E-mails somewhere. Not buying the game isn't going to help anything.

I bet if less poeple bought M rated games they would make more games for the teen rating. They look very carefully at that.

right, but one person refusing to buy a game to try and persuade the industry that the game is bad is futile. maybe if you had a good couple of million who refused to buy the game, then something might happen. And companies try to make thier games T rated because it can sell more that way. For example Driv3r was sent back to be censored around 3 times before they couldn't edit anything else out and the game was still M, they tried to go for T to make it sell more (sadly the game stunk, so it probably wouldn't have sold much anyways)

Back