Fable

Well us christians do add up to a few million... and if we all boycott this crap they will stop making it. Its like not voting because there is only one of you, but if all of us Christians vote we will win.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the game is about choices. So doesn't it all come down to the person playing it. And can we just remember its a game.
Its fine if u don't want to play it, but everyone doesn't think like u.
I don't think u can stop the game if u boycott it, because not all christians think like u. People tried to boycott Harry Potter, and its probobly made Billions in profits.
Personally I want the game it looks sweet.

The sims also lets you choose wther or not to have orgies or commit adultery.... does that mean its ok?
Postal 2 lets you pee on poeple if you want to, does that make it ok?
Duke nukem gives you the option to pay strippers to strip, does that make it ok?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 30 2004,2:54)]The sims also lets you choose wther or not to have orgies or commit adultery.... does that mean its ok?
Postal 2 lets you pee on poeple if you want to, does that make it ok?
Duke nukem gives you the option to pay strippers to strip, does that make it ok?
Seeing as I'm not doing it in real life, and I did not think of having 6 virtual wives in The Sims as a sexual or realistic thing in any way, it was for more money for the stupid house, I didn't have a problem with that.

Postal 2 I do have a problem with, because it gloats in it's evil. Ditto Duke Nukem.

Oh, and PLEASE change your text colour
smile.gif

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The sims also lets you choose wther or not to have orgies or commit adultery.... does that mean its ok?
If you are going to go out of your way to set up an orgy in a video game, you have problems that run very deep. Committing adultery in the game, just as in real life, is a choice. It won't happen if you don't choose for it to happen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Postal 2 lets you pee on poeple if you want to, does that make it ok?
Peeing on someone is the probably the most lighthearted thing you can do in that game. If you're going to insist on playing the game, I think you can do so without any peeing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Duke nukem gives you the option to pay strippers to strip, does that make it ok?
Newsflash, you have an option to pay strippers in real life too. Do you go out of your way to do so? No? Then don't go out of your way to pay strippers in Duke Nukem. Problem solved.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Postal 2 I do have a problem with, because it gloats in it's evil. Ditto Duke Nukem.

Shouldn't you give a HUGE ditto to Doom 3? After all, you're little Martian Buddy icon comes straight from Doom 3.

Noooooo

Not Doom 3!!

I have never seen a review cause such a furore. 119 replies to it so far!

But generally, if you have such finicky problems with a game, like the ability to have orgies, don't play 'em. I play the Sims, and it is MURDER trying to get any kind of relation ship going. In the Sims and House Part et al, I don't think there is any sex, except kissing adn hugging and tickling (!!)

I sincerely hope you never play Fallout, my friend
smile.gif

Well in sims I've gotten both people in bed and it blurs it out. And the orgies is only on the online game I think, and their comunities are for adults only. I think it was on the news, how people use it like a cam chat room.

In duke nukem there are different settings, so if u don't want the strippers on it u don't have to have them.

Peeing on a person is not that bad, u haven't seen what happens to guys who pass out at parties in colledge.

Doom3 is a game, if u want to play it play it, if u don't like it don't play it. No one is forcing anyone to do something they don't want to.

I'm not a Celine Dion fan, when her music video comes on to I don't watch it and complain, I just change the channel. Its quite easy.

And thats the bottom line because Stone Cold Mechboy says so.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 30 2004,7:08)]Martian buddy icon? I dont play doom, and my Buddy Icon is jesus!
You know, you're getting very cheesy
smile.gif
Heck you're even yellow for cheese
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Anyway, if I don't feel comfortable playing a game due to it's lack of Christian things, or whatever, I don't play it.

I have a copy of Painkiller that I left at home (I'm in University now about 200 miles away from home), plus a copy of Postal 2.

I don't feel as worried about Doom 3, since it's got a fictional story that makes sense in a fictional world with a fictional hell and a fictional god (which I recognise is fictional as opposed to my God). In Doom 3, you're meant to be surviving, not trying to be on the game's fictional god's side. But Painkiller just felt wrong... using the pentagrams "From God" to teleport everywhere, the game story felt like I was using (game)-satan's power 'for' god, which is against the teachings of Jesus (such as beating evil with love).

I don't feel I need to explain why Postal 2 is wrong
smile.gif

And The Sims? Personally I see it just as a bunch of numbers and charts regarding the Sims' personalities. I never felt it would harm my Christian self.

I guess it's all up to the person. If you think you can handle that kind of stuff, then pray for guidance, and that you aren't harmed by it, and play it. If you feel you can't play that sort of game, then DON'T! Don't force your views on others, that's how people become dissilusioned when it comes to God.

I do a Degree at my University, BSc Computer Games Technology. I KNOW I'm meant to be here, I KNOW God wants me to be in Liverpool for his purpose. So here I am, and I'm often playing computer games. If you think this makes me an awful Christian, please tell me why.

I said Doom is ok as long as you kill the demons.

When I was talking about the Sims I was reffering to the sims 2 and its all new sex features which by lolokg at atheir ads seems to be the developers main selling point of the game.

Postal 2 is everything bad, in a game.

I dont think anyone should be forced, but I should be able to un-reccomend a game for its sick little additions.

It doesnt make you any less of a christian, but If you like to kill innocent poeple for no reason in a game........ Not that you would do it in real life, but YOU are getting kicks out of murdering innocent poeple in a game...

Who hasn't killed an innocent charactersin a game. I know is SC I kill those irritating animals. Because they just walk around like they own the map.

I always get kicks out of killing innocent characters in a game.

And sex is not the developers main selling point.
The developer makes the game, then it is given to the marketing company/division, the marketing guys then pick what is the best way to sell the game. Just like what they do for movies, the director/producers don't have any say in the movie trailers/posters the movie studio picks a compony and they do their job. Also I never even heard about the sex thing till I saw it on the news, the real selling point is that the characters are more life like and can grow old, in the old sims they stay the same age.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't feel as worried about Doom 3, since it's got a fictional story that makes sense in a fictional world with a fictional hell and a fictional god (which I recognise is fictional as opposed to my God).

Rose is a very wise person check out the word fictional, and the word game, because its not real. Those deamons are fictional. Those blured sex scenes in Sims2 (I've made it happen in sims original
smile.gif
) are not real, their more life like and what do people do in real life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 01 2004,4:47)]I said Doom is ok as long as you kill the demons.
Why?

When has Jesus ever said that we should kill anything?

Cast out demons? Sure! Kill anything, especially humans or angels (fallen or not) such as the cherubim in doom? Never.

I just wanted to throw that one in there
smile.gif

Oh, and again...
CHANGE YOUR FONT COLOUR!!!

The cherubim in Doom 3 aren't exactly cute and cuddly.

You may want to look up how the Bible describes cherubim too, they're definately not cute and cuddly fat faced baby looking things.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Oct. 01 2004,5:34)]The cherubim in Doom 3 aren't exactly cute and cuddly.

You may want to look up how the Bible describes cherubim too, they're definately not cute and cuddly fat faced baby looking things.
Oh I know. Demon's aren't fireball shooting humanoids either.

I haven't played Doom 3, so I'll just talk about Fable.

Fable is a iffy game. If you chose to go evil, really evil, you grow horns and can sacrifice people to some dark god, where their "form of death" is chosen. I'm pretty sure your eyes change colour, and you start to smoke and attract flies.

Well, I kinda knew this would happen. It's like an rpg form of Lionhead's Black and White. Anyways, I enjoyed this game, it's got a pretty neat story, good controls, and is just fun to play. Now, the things that make it rated M are pretty bad, but the "sex" in it isn't any worse that what you'll find in The Sims.

I take back what I said....its an awesome game. Oh and anyone that thinks that its bad becuase it has "magic" in it, is ignorant.

Back