Farming?

Halonic

I've been a little quieter lately but I NEVER quit farming. We have not done any organized farming in a while. I just wanted to throw out some possibilities and share some of the things I've been farming lately and hopefully get some ideas on possible new farm runs from you.

I have been socking uber things away in storage and haven't sold in a long time. I have broken that trend over the past two weeks to the tune of 250k.

Where has Halonic been farming lately?

Sorrows Furnace....of course. Next time I take any of you with me I will show you my picture on the wall down there. Even the Ice Golems know me by name. I have become much more specific in my Sorrows farming. I go now for two reasons.........Drago's Flatbow and Miner's Chests. You can still easily sell Drago's for 40k (maybe more). Miner's chests IMO are the best chests in the game. Arguable, I know, but Halonic has opened lots of chests. If I added it up on all my characters it would astound you how many (Star is an Adept Treasure Hunter and working on the next level of his title which requires 500 or 550...not sure which). I go with henchies (total of 6 in the team) and go down and just kill Drago.......noone else. I would substitute guildies for henchies anytime.

Lutgardis Conservatory (Melandru's Hope exit). You will need Kurzick keys for this one and a runner (Prince Cor and Astrod00d are the only two who have made this run with me so far). I use a warrior/monk. There is a quest outside the door (a repeatable quest I might add) from Scoutmaster Arne. You have to locate 4 points on the map. I run to the 4 points with henchies......merrily opening the 4 or 5 Kurzick chests along the way. What is really odd about this quest is that I go to the 4 map spots BEFORE taking the quest. When I get back to the Scoutmaster......I take the quest and immediately get the reward (and all those Luxon scouts don't spawn along the way). 400 Kurzick faction and 2000 XP. Rinse and repeat.

You will notice peeps at Lutgardis spamming for runners for Faction Farming. This is the quest they do. Party members run to different points on the map and one stays by the rez shrine near Scoutmaster Arne. When all map points are taken (just a few minutes) all the runners die....the door guy runs over the rez shrine to be sure it is active then he dies. All respawn right next to Scoutmaster Arne and get the reward.....rinse and repeat.

Ghial farm. Its always advertised as the best MM staff in the game. Over farm has pushed the price down to the vicinity of 30-35k. This is soloable but slow with a warrior (don't have the build). This farm is great for peeps who are not that far advanced in Factions because Senji's Corner is the starting place.

Sskai sword farm. Overfarm has really reduced the price of this great sword to a a measley 15k. Geoffer's Bulwark also drops here for a very quick and easy run. Zos Shiveros Channel is the start point and the two bosses are the closest to the door.

Ritual Lord. This guy is in Silent Surf. I have been killing him trying to get the staff to drop so I can sell it. Seafarer's Rest is the start point. The Ritualist elite Ritual Lord is capped here. Another quick farm. Be aware that green drops with henchies in Factions is a very iffy thing. Those factions bosses just don't like to turn loose of their stuff even when you kill them. You have to be very lucky or persistent.

Incetol's Focus. A popular Monk offhand. You leave from Leviathan Pits and go into Rhea's Crater from the back way. He's an Outcast and they are easy to kill.

Scar Eater run. This is out of Vasburg Armory. Lots of nice bosses here but over farm has killed prices on these items. The Scar Eater is advertised by literally every seller in the game (sold one for 30k the other day and you won't hardly get more for it now). This is THE popular farming place in Factions (the Sorrow's Furnace of Factions). Jayne's and Spiritgarden's also drop here. Mucho more bosses on this run.

The king of farming has spoken! Thanks Halonic, this information is very helpful and much appreciated.

Paul

I found a W/Mo build to farm Ghial's, the thing is it takes time and pratice to get it down. Also sometimes it doesnt work because the mesmer's cancel the healing spell that keeps you alive. Here is the link to where i found the build on the guild wars guru forum's.

Ssaki's sword farm is one of my favorite farms now because you have chance for 2 greens to drop and its not a very far run. I havent done the Stonereaper farm in awhile but posed a build on the SoE homepage, quick run and the guy kills himself with scarifices. Here is a Forum on guru with tons of great builds for all types of character classes.

I have never done a farm for Ritual Lord, Scar Eater or Incetol's Focus if you are going sometime Halonic i would be happy to tag along and help

Oh, great master of farming, your words are a bountiful flow of gold straight into my wallet... :D

More seriously though, thanks for the excellent tips!

Nice tips... I farm a lot too, so if there are any greenies that any of ya would like to hunt down, lemme know. I've about farmed Factions to death... so now I am reverting back to my ecto addiction. So if you see Monk Hoops on and I am slow to respond, chances are I am flirting with disaster in UW.

Lutgardis Conservatory (Melandru's Hope exit). You will need Kurzick keys for this one and a runner (Prince Cor and Astrod00d are the only two who have made this run with me so far). I use a warrior/monk. There is a quest outside the door (a repeatable quest I might add) from Scoutmaster Arne. You have to locate 4 points on the map. I run to the 4 points with henchies......merrily opening the 4 or 5 Kurzick chests along the way.

I made this run twice when I got on today. It took me seven minutes each time. In 14 minutes I got 800 Kurzick faction and opened 7 chests. Only one chest was gold but I salvaged a +30 Dagger Handle of Fortitude so I'd say it was 14 minutes well spent.

I never killed a single baddie....as a matter of fact......didn't even have any attribute points in swordsmanship. Go with me sometime. The henchies don't talk much.

I made this run twice when I got on today. It took me seven minutes each time. In 14 minutes I got 800 Kurzick faction and opened 7 chests. Only one chest was gold but I salvaged a +30 Dagger Handle of Fortitude so I'd say it was 14 minutes well spent.

I never killed a single baddie....as a matter of fact......didn't even have any attribute points in swordsmanship. Go with me sometime. The henchies don't talk much.

I'll be on tonight. I'm sure we'll do the run a few times. I'm also up for AvA or any quests that got left behind or Raisu Palace (my monk is there).

EDIT: Or Unwaking Waters (Luxon). My Warrior is there and I could bring my IDS for Spinal Shivers.
EDIT2: Scratch Raisu Palace. I got it done with a good PUG. Also killed Shiro.

Last edited:
Back