Fav Music?

*AKA*Jester

well i am a huge music lover. its my life blood at times. sometimes its the only thing i can do to keep going. god plays and i keep chuggin along. so i listen to just about every genera out there. both secular and christian. the secular stuff tho i tend to keep as more positive stuff. the main things i listen to are punk rock and metal. theres alot of really good chirstcore bands out there. IE: living sacrafice, extol... and so on.

but the main reason im posting is cuz i found a band that i just love. i dont beleive they are christian, but the lyrics of their songs would make you think so, but a visit to thrie website wouldnt, a few swears on it. but for a non proclaimed christian band, they have the most positive lyrics of any secular group ive seen. and one of their songs could really have a good push towarsds being about god.

well the band is called Killswitch Engage. it is metal, and its heavy. but if you like that kinda music i highly suggest you check out a couple oif their songs. they dont swear at all in any of their albums either which is awesome.

heres the lyrics for one of their songs called Rise Inside.

Rise Inside by Killswitch Engage

rise inside, free your mind
raise your fist to signify
we stand in defiance of hatred and deception
if i stand alone i will fight for you
the time has come to make a difference
why have we forsaken love
the time has come to raise our voices
so rise up and fight with me
embrace what we have
it might be the last time in this life we will rise
if we find the strength to unify
hatred is a weakness, you become the victim
i believe love will overcome
time has come to make a difference
why have we forsaken one another

now tell me that isnt positive!

the song that i was refering to that could be arguably about god, is called The Element of One

The Element Of One

torn disbelieving separation
i close my eyes to see you
this is for you, everything i am
this is for you, take it from me
torn disbelieving separation
i close my eyes
but there is no escaping this
in your arms in your soul
i will be rejuvenation
breathe me in
i am forever
deep within i am eternal
i will return to you
i am with you always
i will never turn away from you

it loks like a dialog between a struggling soul and god to me. but anyways, i higly reccomend them if your into that kinda music.

"it dosent matter if its good, it only matters if it ROCKS!!!"

Peace--Jman

Killswitch do rock. I will tell you why the lyrics are like that. The original singer had a strong christian (possibly catholic) upbringing. While not being a practicing christian he did reflect a lot of his upbringing in the lyrics to his songs.

However for the second album they replaced him with a guy who can really sing class. But unfortunately i doubt the next album will have the same style lyrics.. Still the single had me listening for a good while
smile.gif

I was so close to buying their album too but i have a trict no secular music thing now and i had to turn it down....

Still theres always Soul embraced.... raaaaaaaaaaa

yeah my friend that showed me them said somethin bout the guy blowing his voice box or something. i reall yhope they keep the lyrics as positive as they are now. they really rock hard and i like hard thats positive.

lol, DH, I could sit and stare at your avatar for hours (and no, that's not flirting, it's truth).

Fave music......

Okay, how bout just fave songs...a list (off the top of me head)

Besprinkled in Scarlet Horror - Tourniquet
God of Elijah - Disciple
Faith and Love - I think that's Kutlass...correct me if wrong
Outta My Mind - GS Megaphone
Smooth Grandmama - Apologetix (they rock and ya know it)
The Red - Chevelle (unfortunately, I relate to that song)
Fade to Black - Metallica (it's on my banned list now tho)
The Easter Bunny is Dead - Disciple
Last Train - Holy Soldier (I've been warped by goofy friends who are also fans of ol' school christian rock)
No Second Chances - Whitecross
If I Were There - Tourniquet
Freefall - Stavesacre
Midnight Train - Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

okay, now, I'm in the mood for some music...mmmmm

i like too many bands to list but i'll name a couple of my recent faves: Interpol, Beloved (whose new cd by the way is one of the best that i've heard in a long time), Dave Matthew Band, Coldplay, Thursday

Songs you must hear before you die...lol

1. Living sacrifice - perfect
2. Soul embraced - my tourniquet
3. Project 86 - hollow again
4. Nailed promise - traveler
5. sixfeetdeep - broken tree
6. kutless - grace and love
7. stavesacre - gold and silver
8. tourniquet - if i was there
9. detritus - child
10. gethsemane rose - this world

and the killswitch song of choice is fixation on the darkness..

*is listening to "hollow again" on http://christianrock.net as we...err...speak?

I can't believe I forgot Child by Detritus and of course, Gold and Silver. lol, Gethsemane Rose. woohoo, ol' school.

I also must admit that I love "Jesus Freak" by DC Talk.

Is Killswitch Christian?

no killswitch isnt christian, but the lyrics to there songs are free of swearing and positive and i guess rizz said that the origional singer had a strong catholic upbringing so alotta their stuff appears to have a religiouse psprective, i posted some lyrics in the very irst post of the thread by them, awesome band tho

Yeh theyre along the lins of Creed,Evanescence, Mxpx and all the other bands that dont want to be classified as christian. Although in some cases they definitely arent and in some cases you are not sure.

I prefer to be sure.

Maybe y'all are better at this, but when I put my little toe into the world, my big toe inadvertantly ends up there too, and then that riptide starts pulling, and man, all of a sudden, I'm drowning again.

i definatly respect your choice to stay away from secular music
smile.gif

but for me, im a rocker, and if it rocks...  its on 95X....
rock.gif
 sorry for the random radio slogan... rofl.

(95x being a radio station where i live)

like i stated earlier, i listeen to secular and christian music, but the secular has to relate to my life, or have positive lyrics!

Theres starting to get some good christian bands out there to compete with the secular stuff..which is fantastic.

It used to be that all christian music sucked and you only got it as a holy alternative. But now you can get a CD collection to be proud of.

I just got the new EastWest record..Hope In Anguish..Its superb.

i know exactly what ya mean rizz. alot more modern rock stations are playin more christian music mainstream which is awesome. has anyone heart the song by doubledrive called imprint? now thats an awesome song. and they are chrisitan

I've not heard of them which i must say is never a good sign.. You have any Links so i can check them out?

Ok i checked out their site and browsed through the message boards. They seem to be another in the Creed vein. Im not gonna check out their music. If they cant stand for what they believe (if anything) then they arent worth my time.

Back