Favorite Presidents...

Yeah, i meant truman. :lol:

I personally think people make too much of a deal about clinton and lewinsky. obviously, it was wrong; but people seem to base their opinion off of that exclusively.

i'd say Abraham Lincoln, mostly because hes the only president i can think of who wasnt a freemason. *scores basketball point* ....count it!

It wasn't so much what Clinton did with Lewinski as it is the fact the he lied about it in front of a jury. It's called perjury and it's illegal. Clinton should be in jail for that and other crimes.

Snake_Six said:
It wasn't so much what Clinton did with Lewinski as it is the fact the he lied about it in front of a jury. It's called perjury and it's illegal. Clinton should be in jail for that and other crimes.

Someone else that thinks the same way!

wishanem said:
Well, welfare reform, balancing the budget, and the great ecomonic steps our nation made weren't Clinton's fault, but he took quite a bit of credit for them. The middle-east situation's ups and downs weren't really his fault either, but he got a lot of credit for them. Eastern Europe was as troublesome as usual, and he got some credit/blame for those issues.

But if you're talking about all the issues that came up regarding Clinton's personal life I think they're mostly irrelevant to his actual legacy. On the other hand, those issues kept the public thinking about the President's personal life and a minor symbolic legal slap on the wrist instead of the many much more important (and questionable) things that were going on both domestically and abroad. It wasn't like he was any more or less of a man-whore during his 2nd term, but since he couldn't be re-elected and there was no situation where he'd actually be hurt in any important way by the proceedings it was in his (and everyone's) best interests that he be publicly villified by people who hated him anyways.

All the "great economic advances" were made possible by 12 years of leadership under Reagan and Bush, who paved the way for that with a return to sound moral values and less government control (capitalism). A lot of liberals say that the Reagan years were terrible (along with the Bush years), but they were the longest period of continual growth since WWII. Any debt not balanced wasn't the Presidents' fault: Congress failed to discipline its spending and today we have a 5 trilliion dollar debt

Back