Feb 23rd, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Check this out:
Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: "Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there."

-1 Kings 17:2-4 (NIV)

And now this:
I own a small business. One day while I was fretting over the drop in clientele, my son was watching a quiz show. Suddenly the question arose, "What Old Testament prophet was fed by ravens?" I had no idea, but my son said, "Oh, that's easy; it's Elijah."

Puzzled, I said, "Where does the Bible say that?"

"It's in First Kings," he said. "The Lord sends ravens to bring Elijah food."

The Holy Spirit spoke to me through my son's words. I realized that we are all like Elijah -- fed by ravens. That is, we are all completely dependent on God for everything in our lives. Clients walk in my door just as the ravens came over the hill with bread and meat to feed Elijah. I am fed by what God sends every day.

No matter our position or circumstance, all that we have could disappear in an instant. But God is faithful and will feed us in our time of need as well as in our time of plenty. We are called simply to trust and obey. Each day of our lives all that we have comes from God -- and always will.

Frank Hearne (Florida, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
Thank you, God, for sending "ravens" to feed us every day. Help us to remember that all we have comes from you. Amen.

Back